Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dexcom g6

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 04:51 PM)
aldoa75
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, my little girl just got her dexcom g6 blood glucose machine today,  it's saying its not compatible with my s22 ultra (so I can see her glucose levels  without finger pricking her) is there anyone who has or knows someone having the same problem and what they do? Thanks in advance 
52 REPLIES 52
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

DEXCOM S22 SOLUTION!

I just logged in to provide a solution for everyone to this issue.   The S22 still isn't compatible...but it actually is.   To put the Dexcom G6 app on your S22, here's how to do it....

1.  You will either need to use your old phone, or get someone else's Android phone that is compatible.  On your old phone or the borrowed phone, download the latest version of the Dexcom G6 app.   

2.  On both your new S22 and on the old/borrowed phone, download the latest "Smart switch" app, which is one of the apps that comes with your android (it is not an aftermarket app).  

3.  Once you've downloaded the updates to both phones, make sure that bluetooth and WIFI are active on both phones, ....then on ONE of the two phones (either one is fine), OPEN the Smart Switch app.  It will automatically start to look for other phones to connect to.  It will find your other phone and ask permissions to connect to it.   Approve the permissions when it pops up on the screen of your phone(s).

4.  Once permissions are granted, one of the phones will ask you if you want to transmit the data, or receive it from the other phone.   Be sure you make the right selection based on which phone is asking you the question.

5.  A new screen will pop up asking what data you want to transfer....the bottom selection will be "Custom".   Select the "custom" option.

6.  You will have different choices, and one of those choices will be "apps".   Don't select "apps", but instead there will be an arrow on the right side of the "apps" selection which allows you to transfer (just) certain apps.   Hit that arrow and "uncheck" all the apps except for the Dexcom G6 app.   Either at the top or the bottom of the screen (I can't remember), it will say that 1 app has been selected.   Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit the "transfer" button.   

You have now officially moved the Dexcom G6 app from your old phone to your new phone.   PROBLEM SOLVED!  I've helped many people do this and it's always 100% successful.   The hell with Dexcom, we don't need them to update the S22 software!   We can make it work without them!

Solution
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

DEXCOM G6 compatibility with S22 SOLUTION!

I just logged in to provide a solution for everyone to this issue.   The S22 still isn't compatible...but it actually is.   To put the Dexcom G6 app on your S22, here's how to do it....

1.  You will either need to use your old android phone, or get someone else's Android phone that is compatible with the Dexcom G6 app.  On your old phone or the borrowed phone, download the latest version of the Dexcom G6 app.   

2.  On both your new S22 and on the old/borrowed phone, download the latest version of the "Smart switch" app, which is one of the apps that comes with your android (it is not an aftermarket app).  

3.  Once you've downloaded the updates to both phones, make sure that bluetooth and WIFI are active on both phones, ....then on ONE of the two phones (either one is fine), OPEN the Smart Switch app.  It will automatically start to look for other phones to connect to.  It will find your other phone and ask permissions to connect to it.   Approve the permissions when it pops up on the screen of your phone(s).

4.  Once permissions are granted, one of the phones will ask you if you want to transmit the data, or receive it from the other phone.   Be sure you make the right selection based on which phone is asking you the question.

5.  A new screen will pop up asking what data you want to transfer....the bottom selection will be "Custom".   Select the "custom" option.

6.  You will have different choices, and one of those choices will be "apps".   Don't select "apps", but instead there will be an arrow on the right side of the "apps" selection which allows you to transfer (just) certain apps.   Hit that arrow and "uncheck" all the apps except for the Dexcom G6 app.   Either at the top or the bottom of the screen (I can't remember), it will say that 1 app has been selected.   Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit the "transfer" button.   

You have now officially moved the Dexcom G6 app from your old phone to your new phone.   You will need to re-enter your transmitter ID and your sensor ID after you go through the setup process.  PROBLEM SOLVED!  I've helped many people do this and it's always 100% successful.   The heck with Dexcom, we don't need them to update the S22 software!   We can make it work without them!  I did this many months ago on my S22, without issue.

wikkidkat
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!!!

This worked perfectly the very first time! Your directions are flawless. 

Gus Brumm
Student
Options

Your trick is INGENIOUS! Thank you so much! I transferred the Dexcom G6 app from my girlfriend's Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G to my Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus. You are a lifesaver....once again, a hearty THANK YOU!

Reba33
First Poster
Options

Thank you so very much for this I can't not thank you enough carrying  around 2 devices has been horrible. 

Gus Brumm
Student
Options

Your trick is INGENIOUS! Thank you so much! I transferred the Dexcom G6 app from my girlfriend's Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G to my Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus. You are a lifesaver....once again, a hearty THANK YOU!

Gen10
First Poster
Options

Worked great for decom.  Any brilliant ideas for Omnipod?  I was able to smart switch it onto tge phone but the app didnt fall for it and reported that it is not compatible 

0 Likes
Bob94
First Poster
Options

When I first got my new S22+, the app transferred over, but it would not pair with the sensor.  I had the correct Transmitter and sensor number.   I have been waiting for 3 months for the app to become compatible.   Did I do something wrong.  The app is gone now.  Should I retry?

0 Likes
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

Wipe any remains of it off of your new phone. Then update your smart switch program to the most current version.   Then do the same with the dexcom program on a different phone… make sure it's running the most current version of dexcom and the most current version of smart switch. Then it will work.   Do a restart on your new phone when completed.

0 Likes
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

I apologize but I have no clue what an omnipod is.

0 Likes