Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Care – Optimise Now – Loop.

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 08:19 AM)
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

When opening Device Care and the “Optimise now” button is present it takes several tries until the “Great” message appears on screen and the “Optimise now” is no longer available. As shown on the screen recording video.

Is anyone having this issue?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No such issue. Try restarting phone and clearing phone cache. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Thanks for the reply. Standard troubleshooting I do it by default. I restart the phone, clear cache, repair apps, safe mode etc.

Nothing to do with clearing the phone's cache. I do clear the phone's cache with after monthly update and in-between. This is something that does not happen always but very often. It takes 3 or 4 times for it to go into the "Great!" message. 

I hope the video is approved soon. It is easier to see than to explain.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Reylob: I can see in your video that Device Protection is turned off, which might explain why the Optimise Now option is acting the way that it is. Do you have any third party security apps installed on your device that might have disabled this feature, or have you manually disabled it? If not, try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Automation > Auto scan for malware, and toggle this option on to see if this helps.

Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

No I have never turn Device Protection on, which is a third party application (mcafee). I have not installed any other third party security app. I do not install any app if it is not from the Galaxy Store or Google Play. Google Play has its own play protect to scan for harmful apps. I have installed less than 5 third party apps. No counting those from Samsung like Samsung pay that they get install when required.

I do not think this is a malware issue, but some bug on the optimise now. For instance, during the recording screen, it did not stop. I assume the fact that the recording screen task was running, it didn't terminate the optimisation or there is some miscommunication between the running tasks. 

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Reylob Hello, what I would do is uninstall updates from the Device care app. To do this, go to Settings / Applications and look for the app in question. In the options, you will see three points on the top right, perform Uninstall updates, restart the phone and update the app Device care manually. In this way you will reinstall the latest update, which may not have been installed correctly. Greetings!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that and report back.

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Hi @AndrewL 

Is the video going to be approved? Has there been a change on video policies?

Cheers,

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Reylob. It's all approved now. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. 

Is the issue you encountered now resolved (based on the suggestion provided by @Ventor)? 

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Thank you @PaulM1 

I am testing, it happens randomly. I will see if that sorted it or the latest update AVH9. If it does not happen again within a few days then I will report back.