Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Security update Nova Launcher bug

(Topic created on: 18-12-2022 05:12 PM)
JayJ1974
Student
Options
Updated my S22 Ultra to the December security patch but have this annoying bug when using Nova Launcher. When I double tap the screen to lock the phone, it locks but then the screen lights up again and stays lit until i double tap the screen a second time.

Pre-update, double taping the screen would lock the phone and the screen would remain off. 

I've tried rebooting, clearing the cache in settings, Nova settings etc.

Samsung must have changed something with this update that doesn't play well with Nova Launcher.

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately it's a known problem that Nova may need an update after an update. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kratos0203
Explorer
Options

It's not a Bug from Nova, because İ'm using Microsoft Launcher and have the same issue. 

PaNoSS88
Explorer
Options

It's definitely a Samsung change. I have tried everything and the problem is not related in thirdy party launchers.

So the solution is neither Samsung revert the change or the developers found a workaround 

Kersey
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, have the same problem, highly annoying and doesn't play well with Screen Lock Pro app either. Find it very laggy when double tapping to wake up the phone too. Before the December update it was perfect
PaNoSS88
Explorer
Options

Probably it's a Samsung mistake..how we can report this specific bug??

JellyFish204
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issue too on S22 ultra, exynos version, December update. Extremely irritating. Hopefully Samsung can fix this.

Kersey
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately the January update doesn't solve the problem. I also find the unlock process lags more than before the December update. Everything was perfect and so smooth before the last 2 monthly updates
JayJ1974
Student
Options
Yeah, same here. I reported it system error report and uploaded a system data log but samsung claim they can't repeat it. They've asked me to upload another system log but if they first didn't show anything, I'm doubting another will.
Hans78
Student
Options

Just wanted to confirm this is also happening since the December update on the Galaxy S22+ (Exynos version). What's even more annoying though, is it keeps asking me if it's okay that Nova Launcher has the rights to lock the screen in accessibility settings....