Still No word! (Again!)
Douglas Adam taught us all that the answer to the universe and everything is '42' - However, this being day 42 for me, the Universe and especially SAMSUNG seems to be lost on SAMSUNG!
This is in continuation of my last post, Day 39 Latest update of Where in the World is my Red S22 Ultra (Hint, it's not here!).
You know SAMSUNG, I work as an IT Analyst, so it's my job to respond to IT issues and the like, deal with customers, and this is where I see some major short-comings with your customer service:
- Live chat: usually 1-2 hour wait to talk to a rep on their, with answers ranging from wait another 24-48 hours, or 1-2 weeks
- No email: so no ticket to be opened, no major issue coverage on their side as far as we can tell (they might have a service management tool, I don't know, I don't work there)
- Calling: Again, see Live chat - same, but with a human being on the other end
- Reps: these people are either not well trained and resort to making stuff up, or brilliant lying to us because they know what's wrong, or really are good at their job but limited in scope because your system trackers are so bad that besides us, and them, there are blind spots where things disappear and then somehow magically re-appear
- Oh, and let's not forget the smug one-upped-ness of some Reps who get a thrill of just trying to shut us down
Before I get into "what" you could have done SAMSUNG, here's a list of the new threads since my last post on the S22 Ultra special colors debacle:
1. S22 Ultra Exclusive Color Delivery
2. Wow Just Wow Samsung
3. S22 Pre-Order Compensation
4. Preparing Dispatch To Tracking Number to Actual Delivery
5. S22 on the way finally
6. Samsung Customer Service is lying to Customers about S22 Ultra Order
7. LATEST UPDATE: EXCLUSIVE COLORS ONLY S22 ULTRA: DELAYS: STATUS MEANINGLESS
8. 44 days...
9. S22 Ultra white - How do you like it?
10. S22 Ultra Graphite 256gb - Preparing dispatch
11. Preparing Dispatch 4th Day
12. A lesson must be learned from all this - S22 Debacle
- Love this post - it shows how SAMSUNG has not listened to its' past customer complaints, and CHMultimedia does a great analysis about SAMSUNG, their communication with us, and their bad communication skills - again, very well done CHMultimedia!
14. Galaxy buds pro
- This one is sort of related...
15. Samsung Canada gotta get their s**t together
16. Wooh an "e voucher" -_-
17. Finally on the way!
18. $50 e Voucher
19. DAY 2 PREP DISPATCH
Mind you not every post was bad - actually some people have their phones being sent to them (congrats... I think... for them to get their phone, but to SAMSUNG for trying to catch up...? eh...), however the reply sections of those posts are filled with, yup, you guessed it, complaints!
Now, that's 15 from my last thread, to 19 above and 20 if you now include this thread! - which makes 35 posts on this "issue" with some type of discussion about late delivery and bad customer service... in case you weren't keeping score SAMSUNG!
Okay, well that's the "new new" summary of our issue, and as before I encourage everyone to - if you want to show SAMSUNG how bad their customer service really is - reply to this post and let them know!
Now, I know, I know, you're going 'hey Mark, we have been doing that for weeks, and it seems quite pointless, why should we do it again?
Great question my new passive aggressive friend - here's why:
1. If you specifically give this post, the main post a "like", it will be moved to the top of the leader board on the main "S" community board - new people will see that they're not the only ones who got shaft-ed, and reply to this post and add to the chorus.
2. EVERYONE deserves to be heard.
Now, SAMSUNG, what do you need to do on your end, sort of "high-level" speak:
1. Improve your tracking so a customer Rep knows where the phone is in your system
2. Get better at providing "realistic" and real-world delivery estimates to your customers - what makes this increasingly annoying and stressful is that you put all your customers in the dark - if you are honest and provide a reliable date for delivery, you might not have seen so much venom from this community - not to mention, my order page is still listing March 5th as my delivery date - dear SAMSUNG - C'MON!
3. Empathize with your customers - it shouldn't take a class action lawsuit to help smooth over this hatred - cause that's what it is growing into - again, an e-voucher from VISA or MC or an Amazon voucher would have been better...
- these customers are very loyal to your brand - why else would anyone want these specific colors other than the hard-core SAMSUNG lovers
If anyone wants to add to my list above for SAMSUNG, please free to reply and do so.
Remember, like the main post of this "post" so it gets to the top of the leaderboard
- HELP increase our visibility.
Day 42 will probably go past Day 50 by the looks of things - and alas, I promise I will keep you all informed on my end.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Have a great Day 42 from me!
I can understand - my GF wanted Pink, a hugely popular color which SAMSUNG just didn't want to do... She got the salmon color as well, and, eh...
She loves the phone - but c'mon - get your colors RIGHT!
I am in exactly the same boat. Ore ordered on 12th Feb for 1TB white. Promised 12th March, 24th, 31st. Nothing came.
Called CS and webchat a few times. No one knew what they were talking about and where your item was. All they could say was that when you told them you received a text from Samsung they said you just wait for the dispatch email.
Took it to the escalation team who emailed me on 29th Match they were still hopeful for 31st. I emailed on 30th to confirm delivery as there was no dispatch email but no reply. I decided to take a day off at home waiting for my hopeful arrival on 31st as escalation did not respond to my email. Guess what nothing turned up and I wasted a day which is worth GBP 306. CS replied finally on 1st April to apologise and offer to cancel my order. How helpful. Was their workload so much that they could not reply to my email on 30th which was sent mid day (a working day - Wednesday) to prevent me taking a day off waiting for nothing?
The worst thing is I will be on a 7 weeks holiday from April. What does this leaves me with my phone and my claim for the free ear buds when I leave for holiday?
Here is what I could see the ordering PROBLEMS with Samsung.
1. Worst stock control and monitoring system.
2. CS quality is poor. Every time you are told different thing. I suspect they are not able to see the progress of the item but just tell the poor callers to wait and had them off the phone.
3. Pre orders receive or not received yet their orders on release date, and way after shops get them.
4. Worst communication from Samsung on order progress. I wasted a day off work waiting for my 31st March delivery. My problem with holiday is still unresolved as I am still waiting for my phone.
5. Took the money from our bank on the date of pre order but not on dispatch date.
Their TCs said they would collect money within 28 days of pre order.
6. Their TCs said they do not guarantee pre order items delivery dates but all shops had them way before us.
People in forums had their 1TB exclusive colour (red) a couple of weeks ago but where is my standard white colour?
7. Samsung just turn a blind eye to these forums and can't be bothered to monitor them. This is not hearing customers voices and learning from their mistakes.
8. Where is our compensation? If I borrowed from credit card, interest would have been 20% APR. My order is now day 51, interest would have accrued at GBP 39 based on a GBP 1,400 order. Why are we not getting interest on our early payments?
How about the stress for calling up CS and speaking to a bunch of people who know less than the customers? How about my wasted day waiting for an empty promise of delivery?
9. Finally their escalation team is as useless as their usual CS team. In fact I suspect there is no difference but just a good name to keep their customers at peace.