Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing issues S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-12-2022 06:17 PM)
SiWils
Student
Options
Hi guys, anyone else having issues with Galaxy S22 apps freezing/shutting down then getting a 'this app has a bug' issue? I had it a few weeks ago then an update seemed to fix the issue but it appears to be back, it's the majority of apps that crash making this a very expensive paperweight. A reboot will allow me to use the apps temporarily but shortly the crashes start again. 'Samsung members' is one of the apps that won't load properly. Any ideas appreciated.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
Hold your volume up button with the down and the power button all the same time for 15 seconds whyle its unlocked.
This will take you to a problem fixing restart. It will take up to 5 mins
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
100%,
for me it's Instagram, I have to uninstall and reinstall Instagram twice a day

S22 Ultra.. Not even worth for a paperweight..
Mobz
Voyager
Options
Have you tried using Instander instead?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, iv'e noticed it a few times lately.
0 Likes
KJ - S22
Apprentice
Options

Same issue for me. I have tried every resolution I could find and nothing works long term.  Can only text and call.

KJ - S22
Apprentice
Options

@TessM please review issues.

0 Likes
Members_TLXf521
Apprentice
Options

Crashed in Chrome today. S22 Ultra 128, fresh phone. I am kinda surprised seeng Galaxy crashing on standard Android application like Chrome. That is definitely not what I paid for.

PaulM1
Options

Without knowing the specific steps that have been followed, I felt it would be useful to provide some general guidance in this instance. I'd recommend consulting and going through the various steps provided in the article below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-apps-that-keep-crashing-or-freezing/

Additionally, before going with a Factory reset, I'd recommend Wiping the cache partition. The steps below should prove helpful:

1. With the phone turned off, plug in a USB-C data cable connected to your PC. If you do not have access to a PC, you can plug in a pair of USB-C headphones into your device instead.

2. Press and hold the volume up and side keys simultaneously until the recovery mode menu appears.

3. Use the volume down button to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press the side key.

4. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes, then press the side key.

5. Use the volume up button to highlight Reboot system, then press the side key.

Power your phone on again and see if the apps function as expected again. 

If the issue persists, then you can try the Factory reset:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

In the unlikely event that the apps continue to crash, please submit an Error report:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

If anyone who has experienced this issue could report back on whether the steps above help resolve this, I'd be most appreciative. 👍

0 Likes
Jase85
Apprentice
Options
Since this morning. Many apps keep crashing and won't open. Sometimes comes up with a message that says this app has a bug. After holding down the buttons and resetting It works for a bit then does the same. Cleared cache, Any ideas?