Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Variant in the UK

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 12:01 PM)
Urvi21
Journeyman
Options

I plan to buy the Galaxy S22  (Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Processor) in India. However, I will have to factor in the compatibility of this variant in the UK, especially since the UK has the Exynos variant. Are there any issues or problems I might face due to this? For instance, regarding the servicing, 5G connectivity, region-specific updates etc

Appreciate clarity in this regard.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The phone should work fine in the UK if its unlocked, however updates may be affected as your csc will be india, it could be a blessing or or a cure depending on what region updates comes first
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Hail Snapdragon!
0 Likes
Urvi21
Journeyman
Options

@-Robot- Will I still get India-specific updates although my location will be in the UK?

Also, will servicing be affected since it’s the snapdragon variant? 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should get updates when India gets them and warranty will be not be support will not be honoured overseas , only in country it is purchased
0 Likes
Urvi21
Journeyman
Options

@-Robot- Yes warranty aside, there won’t be any problems with regards to inability to service due to a different chipset?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nope, I have a Exynos S22U and everything working as it should be and I am in New York
0 Likes
Urvi21
Journeyman
Options

@-Robot- Great! Even the 5G bands are compatible?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They should be able to but I am not able to connect to 5g here but that maybe due to Carrier agreements
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Urvi21: You may also experience compatibility issues with certain apps and services in the UK if you have a device that was intended to be used in India, due to software and licensing variances that exist from region to region. 

0 Likes