Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Choppy UHD 60FPS footage - throttling?

(Topic created on: 19-04-2022 06:46 PM)
Thisisbadjuju
Apprentice
Options

Hello Everyone 

I have noticed I am getting major framedrops when filming with the main camera in 4K 60FPS mode. ( on the video you can see its smooth for up to three seconds, stutters for the next two and then recovers).

Also when benchmarking my geekbench scores are all over the place that makes me suspect throttling. 

Anyone seen or heard of this issue? My device is the Exynos version (probably no surprise to anyone).

Screenshot_20220420-003820_Geekbench 5.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Geekbench I don't think are updating the software side of things for testing on the S22 range at the moment.
So I wouldn't go too much on the scores. Not only that, but the geekbench tests are not accurate and at best are a rough guide.
I have not seen any issues with my S22 Ultra.
There is a new software update out today. So load that up and see if its any better.
Maybe clearing the camera app cashe could help or even the phones Partition Cache
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I have not used video recording a lot but I had done some tests with pets. 4K 60 FPS, 1080, 60 and 120 FPS and it seems fine to me. I have not been able to see your video yet because it is waiting for approval.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Is your video playback choppy on all your media players @Thisisbadjuju?. I ask this because following the update to Android 12 the 4K 60FPS video playback of my self recorded videos on my Exynos S21 Ultra became a little choppy and stuttery on all my media players (MX Player Pro and VLC Player and Samsung video player) whereas the evening before the update they were al playing fine. I had a software update yesterday however and this returned beautiful smooth flowing video playing on the Samsung video player at 4K 60fps. I was so chuffed that I came close to doing cartwheels round my garden. Is yours a media player issue also Thisisbadjuju or does it seem to be a video camera issue for you?...
0 Likes
Marrero818
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue...my camera drops frames like crazy even in safe mode...im shooting in uhd 60fps...does anyone have a fix for this?

0 Likes