Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Paypal credit and Trade in your device at the same time?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 07:55 AM)
B82
Journeyman
Options

Hi I'm trying to preorder the s22 ultra and would like to trade in my s21 ultra . When I get to the end paypal credit isn't an option yet if I remove my trade in it is , does anyone know If there's a reason for this ? I'd really like to use paypal credit to pay but also need to trade in. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hi folks. 

We've been monitoring your comments and have had it confirmed that Trade-in is not available with PayPal credit. 

You can use our trade in if you choose to pay with Klarna and Samsung Finance which both offer the opportunity to spread the cost of your purchase.

You can find out about all of our ways to shop on our website. 

0 Likes
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options

Unfortunately that is a big NO. I wish they fix that and make it an option as Klarna since the Note 20 (never had an issue before) I got issues with for some reason they now seem to go on the reject each time and I given up with them as they now seem to be so useless.

I had to go the Samsung Finance route and thankfully that was an option but I would of preferred PayPal Credit option as it's an account already open. It's rather annoying as it's also advertised PayPal as a payment and a trade in should not stop PayPal Credit from being used. Samsung really need to fix that and allow PayPal Credit to be used with trade in.

Members_2JCRzJh
First Poster
Options

Same with Galaxy Watch.  Spoke to call centre, don't know nor care.   I won't buy without this option and I suggest everyone else does the same.  If you can buy through EBay if you can, at least that way you can 4 months interest free.   There's nothing in their terms and conditions about this and the staff have no clue. What a farce. No Paypal option, no purchase.

Members_RPwkn3s
First Poster
Options

Same here, trying to preorder tab s8 ultra, and trade in tab s7+, and no paypal option, what a rubbish, it must have just been introduced, as for years I'm switching for latest samsung product, always with trade in and always use paypal!

Sign from god maybe, not worth to upgrade! 😁

0 Likes
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Yep late to the party, but voice my opinion anyway, always had samsung gear, was going to treat myself to a new Tab S8 and Keyboard with trade in, got to checkout and no paypal credit or even paypal option. So just did not purchase at all. Have tonnes of pre authorised paypal credit free to use, and whilst i would have enjoyed the tablet it was a on a whim purchase so not that bothered, as i am not going to take a dent to my credit score just to use Samsungs own finance offering. There loss not mine on this occasion.

0 Likes
Members_7faYdEW
First Poster
Options

So let's be clear, you make ZERO mention of this limitation on your website, or at any point through the purchase process.  Instead you promote the availability of PayPal and PayPal Credit constantly at every stage.  But then when you get to the payment stage, it just isn't an option, no explanation, nothing.  Ask your online chat and their best suggestion is to a) remove trade-ins.....yeah read that back it is as stupid as it sounds each time you read it.  2) use an alternative payment method, i.e use Samsung Finance or pay now.  Pretty poor that you can't work this out with PayPal, but I guess driving people to your 'preferred' methods is a nice sneaky trick (I draw attention AGAIN to the ZERO mention of this limitation at any point).  Given the huge company you are, this will of course fall on deaf ears as you are all about the cash and not the customer.  But hey I guess it's too much to expect anything other than banal 'suggestions' from support agents, or to expect that Samsung can act in any way in support of its customers.  This is still a problem regardless of purchases e.g. Fold4 / Watch5 etc...  It irk's me that such a huge limitation is not highlighted, especially as you KNOW THIS LIMITATION, and one of the biggest parts of your promotions at launch is trade-in and yet you still FAIL to communicate this limitation at any point.  I wonder how legal that is to be fair, promoting a fallacy is at best dishonest!  Dishonesty is not an appealing trait in people or businesses, such a let down Samsung!!!!

0 Likes