Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Paypal credit and Trade in your device at the same time?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 12:11 AM)
B82
Journeyman
Options

Hi I'm trying to preorder the s22 ultra and would like to trade in my s21 ultra . When I get to the end paypal credit isn't an option yet if I remove my trade in it is , does anyone know If there's a reason for this ? I'd really like to use paypal credit to pay but also need to trade in. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May have been a glitch @B82 

I noticed that the trade in box kept disappearing too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
K3V1N2311
First Poster
Options

Following... I'm not sure this is a glitch, it just appears to be a way of getting consumers to open Samsung's own finance package. The website for this promotion is terrible, even the call centre staff have no idea why its happening! Chat experts disconnect whilst you try numerous times to speak with them. Hopefully  a mod will be able to update?

Todderik18
Navigator
Options
It will be one or the other. You will not be able to trade in and get a heavy discount, then paypal credit the balance. I would buy new with PayPal credit, sell your old phone and use the money to pay off your paypal credit
0 Likes
B82
Journeyman
Options
It let's me choose klarna tho which is basically the same
0 Likes
Members_YZPyxPo
First Poster
Options

As someone who works closely with the FCA and follows the Consumer Credit Directive daily I'm pretty sure there are rules against forcing people down a particular finance route. My guess is they earn more finance commission from the likes of Glow/Karna so they're pushing people with a smaller balance in that direction. Samsung advertise Paypal credit as being available on every page all the way through to the final page of checkout, therefore in my opinion it should be available regardless of if you have a trade in or not. Very poor.

Saxy
Navigator
Options
I am having the same issue. No paypal option despite Samsung stating everywhere they accept Paypal. Nor can I add Paypal as a payment option to my Samsung Pay. Is the Samsung Pay using Paypal a US option only? Klarna and Samsung finance is all well and good, but both want a £70 upfront payment! Come on Samsung, sort it out. I have used Paypal for all my Samsung products! Now I am unable! Not great!
0 Likes
LeoJohnson
Apprentice
Options
Am having the same issue in England. Called PayPal. told me that when you applied trade in to buy the phone, it can't work out the transaction because of it and will not be available when buying the phone. They said it is a Samsung problem. I talk to Samsung via their website, pointing out the weblink on their official website saying that you can apply trade I with PayPal credit. They refused to budge or to take down the webpage after I told them that it was false advertising .I couldn't save the transcript of the website page when I click on the options and accidentally disconnected. They didn't connect me back (since I asked her to talk to her manager).
LeoJohnson
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately their customer service is rubbish. Their products are very good but they don't see how bad it is to advertise these trade in offers with their latest products ( on their biggest reveal of the year), only to get to checkout and see no option for PayPal. Was told by PayPal to remove trade in to be able to buy the phone, but then I lose the value of the trade in which is over £400. Over a third of the price of the phone. I have bought their latest products which they should be able to see via Samsung Members but am forced indirect to pay more.
0 Likes
LeoJohnson
Apprentice
Options
I think that in England it is illegal because of false advertising. Isn't there someone on these forums who is a lawyer and can look into this?
0 Likes