Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't claim Disney+ subscription

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 07:54 PM)
Hockeyfan1
First Poster
Options

I've been going round in circles for ages trying to claim my Disney+ subscription. I've tried 2 samsung accounts, 2 browsers and I either get a buffering problem or it says I'm not eligible. Despite me getting emails reminding me to claim the boost. I already have Disney+ but read it could be used when this runs out, ie valid for 12 months. Laughing at the '4 simple steps' message that keeps coming up - it's a nightmare!

24 REPLIES 24
Options
Even after receiving my code, it was a good 5 weeks before Samsung stopped telling me to get my code.

I entered my IMEI as requested, and eventually a code arrived. No instant emails.

You add the code to your Disney account .... I think?... Then it pauses your subs, and takes over, or is added if you paid a single payment.

If course it's only for certain phones at certain times (promotional during a set time only) ... And NO, your second SIM IMEI does t work!
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
Snowie12
First Poster
Options
Snap. Recently bought a new S8 Tab and received an email inviting me to redeem the Disney+ subscription and when I get to the landing page it tells me I am ineligible, even after I have signed into my Samsung account. Frustrated!
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
If you already have a subscription then you'll have to wait till that one runs out before you can claim the new one. Read the small print.
0 Likes
Snowie12
First Poster
Options
Others may already have a Disney+ subscription, but I don't, so I know that isn't the issue in my case.
0 Likes
ruthiedarcy
Explorer
Options
Before you can redeem the code you've claimed. You can allegedly claim the code now. But it won't let most of us claim, including people who's subscriptions have expired
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

If you have purchased an eligible device from a participating retailer in the UK or Ireland, and are having trouble claiming your Disney+ code, then please head to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear data on the relevant device. Once this is done, open up the Chrome app and head to https://www.samsung.com/uk/boost/disneyplus/ or https://www.samsung.com/ie/boost/disneyplus/ depending on your location. When you are prompted to sign in, please select 'Sign in with Galaxy device' and follow the on screen instructions to claim. Please make sure to sign in using the same Samsung account details that are registered to your phone or tablet. 

ruthiedarcy
Explorer
Options
I've done this but what does 'sign in with Galaxy device' supposed to look like? Regardless of which of those two options I pick, it asks me to sign in with my email. So it makes no difference. I'm still being told I'm not eligible. I've raised this with support on twitter , they told me to do the same thing which I tried. Same result, s not eligible.
Mark1192
Pioneer
Options
Same here. I sign in and it redirects to the landing page to login 😄 Anyone else having these problems?
Hello-im-Garry
First Poster
Options

Go to https://www.disneyplus.com/redeem and you'll be able to complete this :smiling-face:
Just did it myself and worked perfectly - you'll still need to enter card info but you won't be charged for a year from the date of redemption

0 Likes