Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth in Car Works for Phone Calls Not Audio in JVC Car Stereo

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 05:15 PM)
bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

After a few seconds of being connected in BT, the car stereo dispay changes to "disconnected" but the bluetooth connection indicator shows it is still connected and the phone shows connected as well.

In spite of this, I can make and receive phone calls through the car stereo, but when I play music through the BT connection, the music appears to play on the phone, but no sound comes through the stereo. 

I've factory reset the JVC and deleted the connection from my phone, and reconnected. Same thing happens. 

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, have you moved the slider, in the BT connection to the on position to media? If you have, try changing the AVRCP version to a lower one in developer options.

0 Likes
bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

I have moved the slider and played with the volume on Phone and stereo. I have not changed the avrcp options tho. I'll be back. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING!!!!!

bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

I tried all the AVRCP versions on my phone, including the newest version, which the car stereo uses. All the same result. 😞   Thanks again and please let me know if you have any other ideas.jvc.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry that didn't work:( It may be worth checking if there is a firmware update for the JVC.
0 Likes
bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

There hasn't been a new version on the radio since 2019. I'm pretty sure the issue lies with the Samsung and/or my Android settings. We've connected other phones to it without issue. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have 2 stupid questions! Are there any other BT devices in the car? Smartwatch? In settings, Sounds and vibration, is Separate app sound enabled? It should be "off".
0 Likes
bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

No other BT devices. I had tried Separate App Sounds both off and on, but since I have been testing the AVRCP settings it has been on, so let me try again with it off. Thanks again Pugs.

bizgoz
Journeyman
Options

I wanted to take a moment and update you. I ended up cycling between the various BT modes on the Radio (ie. Pandora, spotify) and found one that works with Youtube by cycling through them while turning bt on and off and reconnecting. I'm not sure which one it is, but the Stereo Display now says "Connecting" insted of "Disconnected" but I can play YouTube music through the speakers. If it fails at some point, I'll be back, but for now I'm in business and happy to have music again. :smiling-face:   Anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry I was unable to help. Glad you got some music though.
0 Likes