Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block private number

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 07:43 PM)
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
I have the option to block unknown numbers but not private numbers. In the Samsung help video it says the setting is unknown/private numbers. So why don't I have this on my brand new s22+?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've got the same setting/wording on mine. Essentially it blocks all numbers that are not listed in contacts. Anything that goes through including spam filter I block manually 

0 Likes
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
I had a nuisance withheld/private number call and it didn't automatically block even though I've got it set to unknown numbers. So that's the problem?
0 Likes
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
I can't manually block a private number, as it has no number
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Check with your sim/network provider and block through them

0 Likes
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
Will do, thanks 👍
0 Likes
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately my service provider cannot block private numbers. So I'm stuck with only numbers I've not in contacts being blocked
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Smithing: If you head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Block numbers, then 'Block unknown/private numbers' should be available to toggle on at the top of the screen. If this isn't the case, please can you share a screenshot of your available options? 

In the meantime, tap the Back button > Caller ID & spam protection, and toggle this option on. This will use Hiya to identify callers who aren't in your contacts list, and may help to identify the private number so it can be blocked. 

0 Likes
Smithing
Journeyman
Options
As you can see unknown yes, but private no as shown in the Samsung help video. I've got all settings for spam etc and unknow set to blockScreenshot_20221120_113352_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes