Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benchmark low

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 12:01 AM)
DarrylWilson
Student
Options
I have S22 Ultra Exnyos 2200. I've just run geekbench and this thing js way below last years S21 Ultra with a score of 2426 v last years' 3085.

Any suggestions or is this just a ***** phone
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
🤦🤦 Don't bother with Geekbench or any other benchmark app as it is a fake benchmark score ..it is alot lower then what you see on your phone...so at the moment it is a waste of time doing a Geekbench test until Samsung sort it out and ...stop there throttling ...(They don't thottle benchmark Apps )... Maybe the investigation into Samung by Korea FTC ...will give Answers in why Samsung did this ..we have to wait and see what comes out of the investigationScreenshot_20220308-155339_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220308-192802_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220310-182130_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220308-092828_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
DarrylWilson
Student
Options
OK but that doesn't explain why it would be lower than last ywars model , if this is what they're doing.
0 Likes
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
s21 ultra simply too slick thats the reasoning
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Mine gets a way higher score. 3699. I'm not bothered about these synthetic scores. So many manufacturers are out to get a better score than the rivals.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
My S22 Ultra is scoring consistently higher than my S21 Ultra, however they tell you nothing about a devices real life performance. Personally I take all those results with chunks of salt.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Here is my Geekbench 5 scores over the course of 3 days. As you can see the scores are just so wildly variable I wouldn't be willing to trust it too much. 794 lowest single core score vs 1085 highest. Then 2461 lowest vs 3327 highest. That's roughly 36.5% variance between single core and just over 35% for multi core. This is on my S21 Ultra. I would try methods like turning off all connections apart from internet, changing processing speed to maximum, turning up thermal guardian temp by 2 degrees and cooling the phone down, just general lowering of power consumption etc. and those attempts were often the lower scored ones. I don't think it's something to mull over. Perhaps there are better benchmarks out there but even if my phone consistently showed terrible scores, I wouldn't let a number determine whether my phone was fast and capable. I would let the phone do the talking. Sometimes I think we can get too hung up on numbers. I was blindsided by numbers, holding out for a Samsung Tablet with M1 iPad speeds or numbers but once I realised its completely unnessessary for my usage I ordered the Samsung S8 Ultra because it had the features I want, not the chip I don't need.Screenshot_20220226-084130_Geekbench 5_59202_1645864890.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Benchmarks are interesting but in my personal opinion don't give a true reflection on how a phone performs overall for the user.

I don't get too hung up on Benchmark scores.

I just enjoy my phone.

There's been lot's of Tech Articles on Benchmarks and the GOS situation with a few copy snd paste links dropped into several threads. Interesting but I prefer to go on my own user experience as an actual owner of the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thats the spirit!! I didnt even run geekbench on my phone until hearing people talk about it. To me numbers are just numbers and its your experience of the phone that counts 👌👍
0 Likes