Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 05:06 AM)
MrTechNotion
Pioneer
Options
Hello everyone,

I have recently updated the software to One UI 5.0 and so far the update has been good.

Unfortunately, it seems that the battery is now draining almost twice the speed it did before the update. I am using the S22 ultra in the UK.

Are many of you experiencing the same issue? If so, I'd appreciate your comments. If this is a common problem, Samsung will need to address this. 

Thank you for stopping by and giving this post a read.
4 REPLIES 4
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I've not had any issues with battery after update(s22 UK).
Performed partition cache wipe and galaxy apps booster as I always do after every software update and everything works great.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Nope me either, had my s22ultra since march and never had a issue with my battery.
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Sometimes after a update the phone has to get to know how you are using it and hopefully after a few days it will be fine thanks
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MrTechNotion 

My battery performance seems on par with my last software version on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra.

Although battery stats / usage time's is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently and use different apps etc.

I haven't had to clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section to date but this is a good avenue to at least try if needed.

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

As is Safe Mode > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Can you charge your phone to 100% and then use the phone to around 15% battery and then in your Device Care Section under Battery look at the list of apps and the % there using from your battery.

Please screenshot this page with also using the scroll capture option to show All apps and also show your phone's top status bar.

Then upload this screenshot into your thread here so we can see what's going on.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes