Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY DRAIN

(Topic created on: 18-02-2023 10:29 PM)
KSC99
Journeyman
Options
did anyone notice the battery is going down so quickly in idle mode since Android 13 update ? 

I have to always run my phone in battery saver mode only then the idle % is at like 1 % an hr ... if the battery saver mode is off the drain is like 6 - 10% an hour ! I am not able to figure out what's running so much on background ruining my battery ... 

also the Samsung pay card portion , I am facing issues is to , it dissappears just like that after couple of hours ... when I go to app and check the settings the app shows its still on... after checking the app and coming out the card portion appears back ... it's really frustrating pls help ! I am using s22u.
thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KSC99 

Although battery stats are a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently, and use different apps and have different usage habits I've found my battery usage to be on par with Android¹² since I updated to Android¹³.

Some generic troubleshooting tips to help if a phone is misbehaving after an update are >

• Ensure all your apps in your Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated. 
  • Use Safe Mode which can help determine if an app, theme or launcher is causing conflict. > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 
  • Clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Use the optimisation tool in your Device Care Section. 
  • Run the diagnostic test tool found in your Samsung Members App.
  • A very last resort is to back up and factory reset.
  • Feedback along with any app crash reports / error logs can also be sent to Samsung via your Samsung Members App.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Back up, wipe, restore. That'll fix it.
0 Likes
Mobz
Voyager
Options
After updates i tend to go to into Recovery.

Wipe Cache Partition x 3. (habit)
Then Repair Apps.

It's never failed me.

I think i lost around 3% in the 6hrs i slept today.
0 Likes
Members_ipkoi8G
Journeyman
Options

Last week an update of "Private Compute Services" was installed. That seems to have restored the battery life to the level before the Android update.

0 Likes