Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain S22

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 07:35 PM)
hel22
Explorer
Options

Hi so I got the galaxy S22 yesterday and the battery is draining like crazy!! Even while not in use it went down 5% in an hour. I have the October security patch ready for download, should I risk it? Will it make the battery worse? How can one use a phone like that!! And for this u pay a crazy amount of money!!! 

So should I download the update? 

Any other fix besides not using my phone 😛 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You only got it yesterday? Little bit of patience then as the battery life will improve. And install latest update

hel22
Explorer
Options

Really? battery might improve with time? I never had that experience with some of my other terrible battery phones (iPhone 7) 

0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

@hel22 As @Tourbillon De La Vie hinted at, it will take a few days for your battery to learn your usage so it is perfectly normal for your phone to initially drain the battery quickly.

If the issue persists, get back in touch and we can help you further with this.

keith30
Maestro
Options
5% is nothing to lose, you do realise a lot of apps are running in the background even throu you might feel is doing nothing just siting there. One of the worse apps is Google maps as it tracks every movement you make and takes up battery usage.
0 Likes
hel22
Explorer
Options

It just lost 11% in one hour. That's a lot no? 

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

While actively using it then 11% is not that much, no. Usage on mine goes between 15-20% under heavy use

0 Likes
ihaveaphone
Explorer
Options
I have the S22 and there is no draining it may be a app in your device even if the phone does not show but it may be with the software
0 Likes
hel22
Explorer
Options

How can I know that? BTW many users complain about this battery issue so it's Def a Samsung issue 

0 Likes
ihaveaphone
Explorer
Options
Go to settings (battery device and care) and if the battery comes up red then theres a high use battery app if not the something else can cause it