Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain from 5% to 0 within a minute

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 09:22 PM)
tajsingh
Journeyman
Options
My s22 ultra drains normally until it gets to 5 percent then it rapidly goes to 0. Is there a way I can solve this issue. I have already tried draining it completely and charging to 100 
14 REPLIES 14
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Find this amusing as my tab s8 ultra (snapdragon) shuts down way more often than any Exynos chip phone I own (Note10+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra all Exynos) with 10% claimed battery power shown.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does it still drop rapidly if you switch to battery saving mode.

I also wouldn't suggest to let the device drop below 15%.

Maybe a powerbank would be a resolution.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
tajsingh
Journeyman
Options
Letting it drop below a certain percentage isn't the point. The battery isn't calibrated properly honestly the exynos s22 is a half baked phone.powerbank is not a good solution 😐
0 Likes
Members_7fMjNTS
First Poster
Options

I get this with my S22. Even on full power save , it will go from 10% to 5 % to dead in a few mins . In contrast for example, my old S9+ would last ON ZERO% for about half an hour on power save mode. On 15% it would last for HOURS. There is some fundamental operating difference on the S22 models it seems. Even with every app disabled , screen brightness on about 10% , Bluetooth and WiFi off etc , it will drain and die in minutes. Advice to not let it get that low or buy a powerbank isn't helpful. I'm actually going to take mine back to the store and ask them to test it. Very frustrating given how good my S9+ was at holding on when it was almost totally discharged. 

0 Likes
knreddy
First Poster
Options

Every other phone is  working for an hour from battery 5% to 0% , from low end to high end, from One plus to Xiaomi, It is really frustrating with the above behaviour of flagship phone of Samsung , even after so many updates. Such a serious deficiency,  during battery low condition even with battery saving mode on.

I have purchased the S22 for it's low size in Android category.

0 Likes