Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain and still no gps after android 13 update

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 05:13 PM)
thebeno
Journeyman
Options
Since the update to 13 I have battery drain and my GPS is still bad works for a short period after a reboot then off. I'm regretting buying this s22 ultra it's been nothing but trouble
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
It's definitely the software have you tried clear cache partiion

Power button and volume down at same time release power button when logo appears then u will be prong with a screen of listing options use volume down key to select clear cache partiion

Press poowr button
Volume up or down to select yes

Then select reboot device
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I forgot when doing this process
Plug in charging cable to laptop
Members_NmZRWYu
Student
Options

Ive got a S22+ worked really good before the update. I was so happy with this phone. I updated yesterday and now battery is draining way faster than before and the phone is over heating. Called the customer service today and the only thing that they told me to was leave the phone on safe mode for couple of hours to check the battery.

I've clear the cache but did not work for me. I dont see the point of having a phone like this if I have to change settings all the time to turn everything off if Im not using it, especially because it was working really well before.

thebeno
Journeyman
Options
I've tried every single method on the Internet and the phone won't go to the android recovery mode .. I should have got a Google phone there, gps works
0 Likes
thebeno
Journeyman
Options
Well finally I got it into recovery and the method was first plug it into a Windows pc then whilst the phone is powered off hold the volume up key and power button . After the knox part of the boot up appears let go of the buttons and it's in recovery a few seconds later. If this hasn't fixed the GPS then it's goodbye samsung and hello pixel 7 pro
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

After an update (particularly a major one)  it is advisable to wipe the cache partition and also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu. (need to connect to computer or plug in USB C Headphones)  Ensure that the App stores are also updated. However it is not that uncommon for some customers to experience increased Battery Drain as the Ai relearns your usage patterns.  It should settle in due course.

If continued issues though it may be necessary to factory reset your Device (know some Members will find this a bit of a pain mind you), ensure Data  is backed up before performing the step.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
thebeno
Journeyman
Options
It is a pain because all the banking apps need to be verified by the banks etc. The gps has never worked correctly on this phone. I've been waiting for android 13 so there would be a fix, let's hope it worked as the phone was 1k and I would expect it to work better than a Motorola 7
nosilaw
First Poster
Options
My WhatsApp will no longer show media as it states media disc full and yet its empty
0 Likes
sewlac
Journeyman
Options

On S22 the same problems. After the last update, the battery is being drained soo heavily. 6h and the phone is dead(previously it was around 12h, still it is far away from what diffrent vendors can offer), in my opinion, it is one big mistake. Guys, we talk about the flagship models and what we got is poor quality. 

What can we expect the solution for battery drained issue? #samsung 

0 Likes