Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after OneUI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 05:28 PM)
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone,

Just wanting to see if everyone/anyone else is experiencing massive battery drain after the latest update? Mine was totally fine beforehand, getting about 8 hours of screen on time and now barely gets 5.5. I've already logged an error with Samsung directly but wanted to hear from the community. See attached photos of before (in blue) and after (in green). 

Really frustrating and can't understand why they can't get the battery right, it's been all over the place with each update. Any tips?

I'm running in adaptive refresh, WQHD, majority of apps in deep sleep, no battery limits, no adaptive brightness but never over 25%, mostly on wi-fi, additional ram at 2gb, speed optimise on normal setting, pretty standard setup really. This was the case on both samples.

36 REPLIES 36
NannaL
Student
Options
I am having the same issue. Battery was lasting 8+ hours and is now only reaching 5ish. Very very frustrating.
0 Likes
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
If you haven't seen this comment about, you can try this: 'notify Samsung by submitting and error report just so they have a record. Then go to your settings -> apps -> press in the filter option -> turn on the switch for system apps -> then search for UWB app and force it to stop, then turn the battery utilisation to restricted on the same app. You'll have to do it after each restart, but it's brought my battery times back up a bit at least. Hope it helps! Shame the update seemed to have knocked something loose as it were'
NannaL
Student
Options
Thanks! Ill give this a go
0 Likes
VitaliyM
First Poster
Options

That's what samsung wants u to do. I assume that this battery issue was intentional by samsung. (just my opinion)

Stanley3b
Apprentice
Options

from 2 days normal use drops to less than a day... idle consumes a lot overnight around 20-30% and 50% if uwb is not forced stop

Prski
First Poster
Options

Hey dude, sorry for the late reply, as you know, every new one ui comes with new features wich are ON by defualt, they drain batter, on the oneui 4 they were not preset and normally didnt drain the battery, play with settings... Partially yes the google maps is the fault, they use a bit more battery plus the GPS alone which isnt preset in the battery usage.

0 Likes
jinty2023
First Poster
Options
My phone has lost so much battery I used to charge once every evening but now charging two or three times a day.im just not happy with recent battery loss
0 Likes