Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after OneUI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 12:34 PM)
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone,

Just wanting to see if everyone/anyone else is experiencing massive battery drain after the latest update? Mine was totally fine beforehand, getting about 8 hours of screen on time and now barely gets 5.5. I've already logged an error with Samsung directly but wanted to hear from the community. See attached photos of before (in blue) and after (in green). 

Really frustrating and can't understand why they can't get the battery right, it's been all over the place with each update. Any tips?

I'm running in adaptive refresh, WQHD, majority of apps in deep sleep, no battery limits, no adaptive brightness but never over 25%, mostly on wi-fi, additional ram at 2gb, speed optimise on normal setting, pretty standard setup really. This was the case on both samples.

36 REPLIES 36
Claydee
First Poster
Options

The exact same thing is happening to me. Used to get 8h - 7h 30min screen on time and now can barely reach 6h screen on time. The battery drain %s dont add up to 100% for me. (Using s21+)

Stanley3b
Apprentice
Options

i just found the culprit, force stop UWB aka Ultra Wide Band in application list. tap the right icon filter then tap show system apps, then find or just type UWB then you'll find 3 apps with UWB. turning it off stops the draining battery issue. 😩 i also turn off modes and routine, i thought it is the culprit since i never use it since day 1 including digital wellbeing. put them in restricted mode in battery. 

0 Likes
daryl1968
Journeyman
Options
Mine is the same. Haven't changed any settings and battery is definitely draining faster. By a big margin.
Members_se1g4vq
First Poster
Options

I just saw a video of somebody doing a side to side comparisison between one ui 4.1 and one ui 5.0 on a similar device (s22 ultra i think) and i saw the battery percentage dropping faster one the device with one ui 5.0 so i looked it up and i found this conversation personnaly i did the update on my s21fe but i didn't see any difference yet, after all battery life was already bad on s21fe...

0 Likes
CarolynCBD
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue. I used to have at least 50% left at the end of the day. Now I am down to 10% at the end of the day. Actually, I'm down to 10% before the end of the day. I've always charged my phone during the night and have never had to charge it before bedtime. Now I have to charge it long before bedtime. Very frustrating. 

LACOSTE4784
Student
Options
How do I "repair apps"? I do the other two things but that one I've not heard of before
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
When you do the process for clearing the cache partition by plugging the phone into a computer and booting into recovery mode it should be one of the options you can select. It will just rebuild the app registry on top of the new update, rather than it potentially being a bit muddled. Let me know if that makes sense or if you need some more explicit guidance :smiling-face:
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Have you tried turning off and killing the UWB (ultra wide band) searching app. That seemed to rectify the issue for me for the most part
0 Likes
LACOSTE4784
Student
Options
Got it mate, thanks
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Awesome, good luck and I hope it helps!
0 Likes