06-08-2022 07:35 AM in
I'm have recently purchased Samsung S22 Exynos version.
The phone is good, but there are some glaring issues that I wonder if there are any fixes for.
For information I'm coming from OnePlus Nord, which is considered a bad phone by many people, but in many areas is working better than the Samsung.
Here is the list:
1. Some apps would crash randomly, which hasn't happened on any phone I have access to - OnePlus, Xiaomi A2 lite, cheap Motorola with Android Go and Unisoc chip.
2. Random functions of apps won't work until I restart the phone, or single apps would lose Network connection.
3. Screen responsiveness is bad - there are areas around the screen, where the presses won't register every time.
4. Fingerprint reader would work randomly with and without screen protector.
5. I'm using gesture controls which would react about 80% of the time for the return and 60% for switching between recent apps.
6. OneUI seems to be made of separate elements and functions that often have little to no way to efficiently communicate between each other, forcing you to repeat an action multiple times.
7. Samsung hasn't integrated some of Google authentication, so I need to enter my credentials by hand for multiple apps.
8. Samsung Pass would save passwords and credentials at random.
9. Samsung own apps go into infinite loading loop until I stop them and open them again.
I have spend 3 hours going through every available option in Settings, trying to improve the phone performance with little success.
All this is on a brand new phone with all the latest updates. This is unacceptable for such an expensive phone in my opinion. AND I was considering the Ultra version. Good thing I didn't buy it.
06-08-2022 08:57 AM - last edited 06-08-2022 08:58 AM
06-08-2022 07:45 PM in
My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb Exynos SoC is working flawlessly @TheBadPlayer
I'd suggest to factory reset and when setting the phone back up try setting it up as a new phone and not via back up and then see what happens.
Also try not using Smartswitch if you used that the first time round to move information across.
If this does not help then if your still within your cooling off period have it swapped out of if your out of the cooling off period then have a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "
13-08-2022 08:32 PM in
07-09-2022 07:31 AM - last edited 07-09-2022 07:31 AM