Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful battery life

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 05:08 PM)
Members_yFNhBfx
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is facing the same problems as me. So after i downloaded one ui 5 my phone (S22 exynos) barely lasts 3 hours SOT with moderate use of tiktok (around an hour or so) and the idle drain is so bad. I could leave it alone for an hour and the phone will drop from 100% down to 90%. I tried talking to one of the support centers in my are and he told me that this is normal? Although the advertised SOT is over 7 hours and i used to get easily over 6 hours before. Also when i add the battery percentage usage of the different apps it never adds up to my used percentage its always off by like 30% atleast

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisP88
Options

@Members_yFNhBfx It is normal following a software update for your battery life to be not up to its usual standard.

After a few days, your phone will again learn your usage and you should see a significant improvement.

Members_yFNhBfx
Journeyman
Options

Its been like this for around 2 weeks....

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Heavy usage if your spending over a hour on TikTok also even when your device is idle they are alot of apps that run in the back ground. I have the S22ultra and mine battery life works fine for me.
0 Likes
WhiteKitten1
Pioneer
Options
Isn't oneui 5 android 13 in beta...
0 Likes
Members_yFNhBfx
Journeyman
Options

Nope its been on regular Android 13 since around a month ago

0 Likes
Members_yFNhBfx
Journeyman
Options

An hour of tiktok is considered heavy usage nowadays? My sister has an iphone 13 and she averages around 9 hours sot with most of them on instagram and tiktok

Its just an utter disappointment and definitely my next phone wont be a samsung again

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There are loads of things that eat batteries.
Adaptive lighting turn it off and set the lighting that suits you. WiFi and Bluetooth if not used then turn it off. Fb,Netflix, Spotify. Plus many more apps like batteries. Dark mode does help.
After all the battery needs to run a small computer so needs some help with making power last.
Mattylvl92
Pathfinder
Options
Have you done the clearing of cache, repaired of apps and galaxy booster?
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I also have the s22 exynos and my battery usage is about the same as before the update.
I did the usual partition cache wipe and galaxy apps booster like I do after every software update.
I get around 6 hours sot plus a full days battery.
My usage is mainly Facebook, YouTube,some music etc.
Only thing I don't do is gaming.
0 Likes