Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are delays in delivery mostly for custom colours?

(Topic created on: 25-03-2022 03:25 PM)
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Unlike many here, I've only been waiting 2 weeks since I ordered my S22 Ultra (White 256GB), and that's already more than long enough for someone with absolutely no patience, but especially considering it was "in stock" at the point of order so I thought there was a chance I'd get it sooner.

Part of my concern is the number of posters on here who have been having delay after delay, so I'm not particularly confident that mine will arrive on the allocated date (7th April). Although it said in stock at the point of order, as soon as I'd placed it the status showed as "pre-order", which was a little irritating (and borderline deception maybe).

It seems from looking through the posts on here that the majority of the delays were for the custom colours, which raises my hopes slightly as mine is just a standard white (I was highly tempted by red but didn't have the patience to wait, and thought I'd just get a red case instead). But then I have to wonder if the delays are to do with something else, otherwise again (and I've never got a straight answer from customer support on this) why so long for an "in stock" phone? 

I'm just wondering whether many people have had these delays with the standard colour phones, or whether they're generally being delivered on time? Just trying to set my mind at rest really - I do need a new phone ASAP as the one I have now keeps mislaying the network and so I miss calls and texts, and if I'm going to have to wait more than another 2 weeks I'd have to seriously consider cancelling and going for something else (which I really don't want to do). 

Finally, it says on the order status "pre-order: delivering from 25th March". What are the chances I might get it even sooner? (I may have mentioned something about me being quite impatient, to the point Samsung may soon flag me up as attempting a Denial of Service attack on the order status page).  

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Members_SA5qGTe
Explorer
Options

I ordered s22Plus in green which was a standard colour when I ordered. I ordered on 15th Feb and still nothing 😂

0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

I already wish I hadn't started this 😫😂

0 Likes
DarkBahamut
Pioneer
Options

I ordered an Ultra in green on the 11th Feb, due on the 25th Feb. Now 25th March and still no sign of it. I think we'll be lucky to get it this year at this rate! 

Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Apparently according to Live Chat just now February orders have now been delivered. When I pointed out that I've seen several already today who ordered in February not having received theirs they said they'll "co-ordinate with the department responsible" on that. But basically, when pushed for an answer as to why my "in stock" item had a delayed delivery, I was told they're waiting for stock to come in to allocate to orders on a first come first served basis. So it wasn't in stock then!

They just keep repeating that "no need to worry, you'll get an email when it's ready to ship". Yes, but when will that be is what I'm asking!?!?! I am worried because people are waiting over a month for their phones!

I am trying to be more patient, honest :smiling-face: 

Members_SA5qGTe
Explorer
Options

yeah understandable you're impatient. At the end of the day we will get them just have to wait. try and forget about it for now, I am! haha

0 Likes
Davemc167
Apprentice
Options

My S22+ 256gb Green was due 11th march then delayed via email to today 25th March, still no phone and Customer services today said they can't give me a date as they don't no themselves, despite their online store still taking orders and saying it's in stock 😡.   Very peed off with Samsung as was for my son's 18 Birthday.

Damian78
Pioneer
Options

That worries me even more, the fact they can't even give a date. Not surprised your peeved. 

I think I might have to cancel to be honest, can't see me getting it by 7th April with so many older orders outstanding (unless of course they are just having problems with the colour green, which is the other pattern emerging here).

Davemc167
Apprentice
Options

Worst thing is I only picked Green because all the other colours had a later delivery date compared to Green.  Customer services were also going to send me a email today confirming what I queried today on the phone at my request and also regarding putting in a complaint but have received nothing.  Only email I've had was on 10th march about a delay on delivery and that it would be by 25th march which was a load of rubbish, even entering my order number on my account shows as not recognized. 😡

0 Likes
tintop
Explorer
Options
I got the red one (salmon coloured ) that what it looks like whoever said it was red should go to specsavers
0 Likes