Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had any luck getting refund or replacement device if faulty?

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 07:07 PM)
JayRich
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Paid a crazy amount of money for S22U right before Christmas. It came and right out of the box, the top speaker crackles intermittently when playing sound. Great bad speaker. Searching online revealed this is extremely common fault with this phone, only fix is to get repair and replacement.

The main reason I got this phone in the first place, was to hotspot 5g connection (or 4g). When connecting any device, there are extremely high ping spikes, sometimes occurring multiple times per minute. These ping spikes render the connection totally unusable for my uses where I require an uninterrupted connection.

You may think it's the service with my provider.. However, I have just graphed the results when hotspotting from my Fiancee's new year iPhone, the connection is flawless with no packet loss or huge ping spikes. Only with the S22U does this occur. 

I have tried to factory reset the device and no luck with either issue.

I sent the phone away to Samsung here in the UK for repair, they sent it back saying the phone is mint condition and nothing wrong, which is insulting considering the issues I have been having.
See link here I have uploaded my results I graphed in Excel. This clearly shows the issue I am having with hotspot. (doesnt show the speaker issue!)
https://ibb.co/Z6c8q9n

I am over the issues with this phone, given the cost would expect so much more from the device and Samsung support. Has anybody had any luck in the UK getting refunded or replacement device??
Only other things to think of would be to take it to a UK disputes court over Consumer Rights Act but really want it to be easier than that..

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Samkma
Explorer
Options
I truly understand you point. If going for a dispute use https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/how-to-complain. I have a 6 month old s22+ phone Randomly switches off during calls, ie with sufficient or fully charged. Sent error reports to Samsung, they identified as hardware error. Want me to send it in for repairs but takes 10 plus days can't afford to be without my phone. Can't understand why such expensive phones are so *****.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JayRich 

If a phone is purchased directly from Samsung UK then a person has a 14 day cooling off period to be able to return the phone for any reason.

If the ownership period is 15+ days onwards then a Repair is offered by Samsung UK.

They would assess the phone at a Samsung Service Centre and report their findings on their systems and to the owner.

Unfortunately an impass can occur if Samsung advuse they've found no issue reported by the owner.

This can lead to a diffenece of opinion.

If a phone is supplied by a Network via a contract then as the Network is the seller of the the phone they have a Duty of Care to assist under their own Terms and Conditions of Sale.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kendoe
First Poster
Options
If Samsung have said their is nothing wrong with the phone their is nothing wrong. They do very stringent quality checks and test every aspect of the product, your problem. lies somewhere else my friend.
0 Likes
JayRich
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers 

I stupidly bought the phone in early December, due to being fresh off the boat from New Zealand and Christmas time I couldn't afford to send it back over Christmas weeks. Now told that I waited too long and no longer qualify for any refund or replacement from Samsung, but they will try to repair. Wish I knew the rules over here for the refund/replacement cutoff.

Issue with that.. is they find no issues, despite the obvious evidence I linked above......

Spoke with support who said I'll have to visit a Samsung store to further voice my issue. So will try booking an instore appointment to go around in circles some more. 🤔:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

JayRich
Apprentice
Options

@Kendoe 

Appreciate the insightful teachings that my issue is elsewhere, please enlighten me?

Where else will I look? I tried hotspot via multiple sim cards, connecting multiple devices and all having the same issue with this S22U..
Open my image linked in the above, is that not enough evidence there is an issue with the hotspot capabilities of this device?

JayRich
Apprentice
Options

@Samkma 

Yep can't believe I fell for the hype and paid £1000 for the ***** brick. My last Samsung was the S2, many years ago. Then moved to iPhone due to that phone being broken like this one. Now we have come full circle MORE THAN 10 YEARS LATER. Should have learnt my lesson. 😆

Samkma
Explorer
Options
You have your consumer rights it goes beyond cooling off period. Just see my link in previous post. I have successfully had my new car returned to showroom and got my money refunded in past. Don't let keyboard army discourage you.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @JayRich 

Please do let us know how you get on. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes