Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 update breaks all Bluetooth devices, Watch 5 Pro must be reset

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 07:02 PM)
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The stable release of Android 13 UI 5.0 will remove all bluetooth devices and removes all devices from the wear app.

This mean that all devices must be pair again. On the watch it means a full reset, loosing all configuration.

Samsung true to form, releases half baked devices, firmwares.

It is a major inconvenience, a process that should have been 20-30 minutes, will be a long and laborious one.

The Stable version is very UNSTABLE

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Casavult
Pioneer
Options
I was on Beta and updated perfectly fine. Everything is in place. Submit an error report to Samsung 👍
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I would suggest turning on auto back up for your watch in the wearable app under watch settings 👍 in case you experience problems in the future, your phone settings, apps, watch face etc will be backed up.
0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options
Updated yesterday and my watch 5 pro and devices are showing and working perfectly
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options
Then it was my luck then. I should play the lottery so someone else could win it. 😀
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The problem with that was that the wearable app got reset and had no devices at all. It seems that it wiped all its data.

I really do not understand what went wrong but clearly something went very wrong for me. I only realised that all BT devices were gone when I tried to open the watch settings and the wearable app was asking me for settings like it was a brand new installation.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I understand but I'm just offering advise so you have all your watch data backed up in case you have the same issue again.
0 Likes