Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 update breaks all Bluetooth devices, Watch 5 Pro must be reset

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 07:23 PM)
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The stable release of Android 13 UI 5.0 will remove all bluetooth devices and removes all devices from the wear app.

This mean that all devices must be pair again. On the watch it means a full reset, loosing all configuration.

Samsung true to form, releases half baked devices, firmwares.

It is a major inconvenience, a process that should have been 20-30 minutes, will be a long and laborious one.

The Stable version is very UNSTABLE

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Were you on beta? It was uneventful update for me (not on beta) 

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had no issues at all, all Bluetooth devices are good, GW5 Pro, Buds Pro and Buds2 Pro

I wasn't on the Beta Trial
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

No I was not on  Beta. I decided to wait for the stable release but I am very sorry I did the bloody update.

I had to reset the watch and I need to transfer all the stuff back onto the watch. I need pair again, the buds the smart tags, speakers, headsets, the whole b...

The wear app needs to be done again and I don't know yet which other apps are also broken.

Did you have bluetooth device connected? Are they all there?

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I was not on beta either, I have been keeping away from the beta like the devil from the cross. All bluetooth devices are gone.  A real pain in the backside. 

The one I feel more annoy about it is the watch 5 pro which had to be reset and pair again.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, all my Bluetooth devices transitioned fine. Watch 4, Buds and few other devices 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I feel your pain as I would hate to do that too but I have had a pretty smooth upgrade, everything is good
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Well, something went seriously wrong on mine, because it removed every single one of them. As I said the one that I feel more angry about, it is the watch. I had transfer music for running and that sort of stuff and all that to be set again.

0 Likes
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I was on beta and upgraded today. All my Bluetooth devices are still showing and working.
0 Likes
carguy143
Navigator
Options
My update went through without a hitch.
0 Likes