Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Security for Stolen Devices

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 04:11 PM)
kelebz
Student
Options

@Samsung Can you guys consider the option to disable the posibility of the phone turning off without a password or fingerprint, this is because in South Africa, possible everywhere around the world once a phone has been stolen the FindMydevice thing pretty much becomes useless because once it is stolen they immediately turn the device off and its as good as gone.

So please consider adding that anytime you want to turn the phone off or restart, or go into recovery mode there needs to be an input, that being the password created by the user or fingerprint to make things faster and easier.

#StolenDevices

2 REPLIES 2
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
This post is not something I've had personal experience with, however after reading your suggestion, and how " find my mobile" becomes useless if the phone is switched off, I would say it's a bloody good suggestion. Samsung, if your reading this - put this persons suggestion forward to your tech guys!!!
AndrewL
Options

@kelebz: I have gone ahead and passed your suggestion to our Research and Development Team, to see if this feature can be implemented in future products or updates. As soon as I hear back from them, I will keep you posted with their feedback.