Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days of Exynos S22 Ultra owner (turned out to be beta-tester). Bluetooth audio lag caused by Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 05:50 PM)
okwhatever
Explorer
Options

I recieved my S22U with Exynos SOC 6 days ago. I want to share my experience so far.

Right out of the box I began the setup at approximately 20:00. After quick setup, I downloaded apps that I had in my previous M51. During first two hours phone had 2 episodes of black screen, being unusable for like 2 minutes. Both occured in same conditions – I was using Google Chrome -> reciecved phone call - > call ended - > screen was displaying notification bar only on lowest possible brightness, was non-responsive, holding power button made the phone vibrate, with no changes on display. After 2 minutes it turned on with information that Google Chrome has stopped working. Two episodes of that within first 3 hours on top tier premium product.

As I said: setup began at 20:00 which led to auto-updating preinstalled apps. It lasted till the next morning, almost 12 hours, as it was stuck on one not specified app (updating 13/13 apps). 

I was having fun with my new phone, but I was barely using cameras. Surprisingly my phone was completly drained within 4 hours of usage from being fully charged. After another charge same story – only 4 hours of usage. All apps were installed one by one, without using smart link.

I use bluetooth, gps and mobile data, no 5G, LTE mode, on at all times. Biggest issues came with apps using gps – I have noticed they are able to drain 25% per hour, doesn’t matter which one.  "AI learning battery patterns" (or whatever it is being called) finished and it made no changes in behaviour at all – still 4-5hrs SOT.

Two days ago I did factory reset on the phone, this time using smart link with my m51 to recover data. It lasted around 40 minutes and after that phone started to lag, much more than it was during first time, some apps were not working properly, like PowerAmp.

I have limited processes in the background. I was using most basic apps, messenger, google chrome. No Youtube, no music. Again mobile data, gps and bluetooth on all the times. During 8 hours being disconnected from the charger, being used for 4 hours (screen on time) it drained 70% of battery capacity.  

I updated phone cause of the Game Launcher update, then I performed yet again - factory reset, third one, in 6 days.

Since then, Im not using top settings, I set screen to HD+, auto brightness, AOD on for new notification, bixby routines set to save battery at specified times and places. Battery performed somewhat better, but still not good - at this point 50% battery remaining, 11:24 since last charging, SOT : 1:51. Yet, I noticed something, that didn't occured before Game Launcher update.
Take a look:

So apparently S22 Ultra on Exynos, since game launcher update, cannot handle galaxy watch 4 connection while playing music on another device at the same time. To make matters worse, audio stuttering gets worse for some reason with screen on. Once again - this didn't occure even once before the latest patch.

These are purely observations. I don't want my post to be removed due offensive language, so I will post my opinon in first comment. I post this as such "inconvenience"  wasn't mentioned before - If you face this problem, now you know - you are not the only one.

9 REPLIES 9
okwhatever
Explorer
Options

So basically this thing should be right out of the box - top tier phone. It should surprise me every day. And it actually does, with bigger and bigger issues every day. To summarize, right now it is able to handle SOT well, but all things, that make this phone flagship has to be disabled. Optimisation is catastrophic.

For last year I was using my simple M51, and during that time it didn't cause more problems than this "premium product" did for last 6 days. How, in XXI centuty is this allowed, with all lawsuits going on, based on much simplier things? How is this possible that product from the top of portfolio is so underdeveloped? I am wondering if I am a victim of consumerism and marketing, as I still chose to buy s22 ultra, knowing all the shady things Samsung did, like fast charging that turned out to be a fake, and now - the game launcher (which slowed some apps while speeding up benchmarks!) update which was created really fast (because cat went out of the bag), propably at some basement without any testing, fixing one thing and screwing other things. 

Go ahead Samsung, post another happy banner on samsung members screen showing how people are happy using your products.

I'm not gonna ask support for refund. I will send them this post and make them feel uncomfortable while explaining to me, that all these things will be "fixed with upcoming updates"...

Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
I pre ordered galaxy s22 ultra 19th of February received it 21st February, that was really a wow moment for me but it didn't last for long problem started with the new phone trying many things even getting remote support from Samsung but it seems like Bluetooth connectivity issue doesn't want to be fixed, after couple of days i had to return my s22 ultra back to Samsung by 28th February for a replacement, after that samsung created replacement order on 2nd March which was in processing mode till this evening, about 9:30pm received an email from Samsung saying my s22 ultra replacement order is going to be delivered tomorrow morning.so fingers 🤞 hope everything works as it should, including the delivery
0 Likes
okwhatever
Explorer
Options

Please write how's new model behaving as I am wondering on what approach I should take vs support

0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Definitely i will try to update about it and share my experience with the new device
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Also send feedback to Samsung pls. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

That's an issue with the in game sound being bad. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
okwhatever
Explorer
Options

The only fix i could find right now is to set bixby routines to disconnect Galaxy watch 4 from phone while connection phone connects to car's Bluetooth.

It's not a bug, it's a feature, right Sammy?

Pathetic.

0 Likes
Udbx
Explorer
Options
How did the swap work out?
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Actually most of the things are working so far so good
0 Likes