Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 software

(Topic created on: 03-11-2023 11:04 AM)
Andymorgan
First Poster
Options
How do I remove the 3 software, because every time I restelart my phone it turns the emergency alerts back on and I don't want them on!
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
That more a question for 3 as they are the provider. But I suspect you cannot easily remove as most carriers will bake their apps in to the Android OS.

You could look for a custom ROM but that has its own risks if you don't know what your doing.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
From what I've seen on here you have to use a PC called Odin to flash the unbranded firmware (EUX) on to your device unfortunately I'm not familiar with the process so I'm afraid I'll be unable to help
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately this would not be an easy thing to do
I have had phones with flashed software, but the branded logo etc still comes up. Mostly had Chinese import ones
But unless you have good knowledge of doing this to phones, I would advise not to attempt it
Network provider phones have the software integrated into the Android software. So not the easiest thing to do
spepper73
Apprentice
Options
It's not the answer you might want but.
I have been a virgin mobile customer for decades they have never used this system and their phones come unlocked. So you can use 2 card sims and 1 esim from any network.
Please note VM mobile has now changed to O2 but devices are unlocked.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Being unlocked and unbranded are 2 different things a phone can still be unlocked and still branded it's the "Service provider software version" you have to lookout for
0 Likes
spepper73
Apprentice
Options
Yes and no the brand can be sim controlled and only used while using that company's sim card.
It been a long time since I have seen a software / hardware branding on a mobile in the UK.
As this slows down updates 3 and Vodafone were the last 2 left doing this as unbranded saved providers a good lump of cash. Now like o2 is cheaper to do it via sim and isn't so in your face a few apps and an icon in your top bar, with the apps installed via an sms push notification .
0 Likes