Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Мisunderstanding about the disappearance of a very useful function. I want to attract the attention of developers.

(Topic created on: 30-01-2024 08:01 PM)
Mihail_Lazarev
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone, please, tell me where I can write a review about the fact that the developers removed an extremely necessary function from the latest versions of Android?

So that the developers can see this review.

The issue concerns the function of disabling Always On Display (AOD) when the phone is in your pocket or a bag.
This function used to exist, but now it doesn't. As a result, AOD consumes 6%-15% of the battery.

I just don’t understand what ideas the developers had in mind when they removed this feature. FOR WHAT?
This is especially incomprehensible given the struggle now going on to increase the battery economy of the phone.

If anyone understands why this function was removed please tell me.

Screenshot_20230516_083812_Device care2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I know this doesn't help, but it's on the S24 series.

Perhaps when they roll out OneUI 6.1 for other devices, you'll receive it too.1706657670778_1706657670771_0.jpg

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there. Yes of course

Samsung Members
Support
Feedback
0 Likes
Mihail_Lazarev
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the answer.

If anyone has any ideas why this feature was removed I would really like to hear them (I doubt that the developers will tell me why it was actually removed).

0 Likes
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I know this doesn't help, but it's on the S24 series.

Perhaps when they roll out OneUI 6.1 for other devices, you'll receive it too.1706657670778_1706657670771_0.jpg
Mihail_Lazarev
Journeyman
Options
I also have the "Tap to Show" function. But in my post, it meant the function when the phone itself recognizes when it is in a bag or pocket.

“Tap to Show” is not very good for the cases when the phone is lying, for example, on the table, you can’t just look at it, you have to reach out and poke your finger at it. At night it is very inconvenient.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes, and if you look, the auto option is there on the S24, which is the mode you're talking about.
Mihail_Lazarev
Journeyman
Options
Sorry, I didn't notice right away. It's a good news. Maybe it will appear on S22 soon. Or I need to switch to S24.

At least now I know that this function has not been removed completely.
Mihail_Lazarev
Journeyman
Options

This is just crazy. When I wrote feedback about this, you know what they answered me, I quote:

This was removed as the Always on display can be managed by the 'Modes and routines' feature.
So you can set this up to turn off the feature when you are away from home for example. End quote.

Always On Display should turn off when I put the phone in my pocket or bag.  This cannot be configured in any way by the Modes and routines feature. 

I would then have to enter the time when I put the phone in my pocket and the time when I take the phone out of my pocket - just ridiculous.

0 Likes