Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom camera stopped working s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 02:41 PM)
Khaleesi1
First Poster
Options

My zoom camera stopped working after a software update on my year old s21 ultra 5g. It seems to be a common occurence. What is Samsungs stance on this terrible issue. Any one have their phone fixed or replaced because of this fault?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Khaleesi1: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the Camera app on your Galaxy S21 Ultra. To troubleshoot the situation, please try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. Also, head to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your phone. 

Please be aware that the ability to zoom is not available in certain Camera Modes such as Portrait Mode, Macro or high resolution 108MP photos, therefore please ensure you have selected Photo Mode, then place your thumb and forefinger on the viewfinder, and spread them apart to zoom. If the option isn't available, a notification should pop up at the bottom of the screen to let you know that zoom is not available in your current mode. I also recommend tapping the cog symbol > Shooting methods > Press Volume Keys to > Zoom in or out. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Khaleesi1
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I took my phone to a technician where I purchased the phone. He conducted some tests and with the camera on different modes etc and concluded that the zoom lens is defective in his opinion.  The phone has now been sent off for repair by the Samsung designated repair team.  I would hope to have the phone replaced as I spent a lot of money on this phone 13 months ago and having a good camera is a very important part of my selection process in choosing a phone.  I have had Samsung phones for years and years, having previously been an Iphone fan.  How this issue is going to be resolved will be a game changer for me.

Regards,

Karen

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Khaleesi1. Glad to hear your phone has been collected. As our warranty is repair based, your phone would not be replaced. Please take a look at this link for more info on our warranty. 

0 Likes