Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom call caused 48° temperature of phone

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 08:52 PM)
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Hi all, just used Zoom for 1st time and the phone got hot pretty quickly to about 44° in 10mins. Within 30mins it went upto 47° n then 48°. All apps were closed in background. The screen recorder was on however. Is this normal? Or is it because I was screen recording? 

BTW, I've had issues with s21 ultra 512gb since day one with heat issues. This is my 3rd phone. Had many discussions on this matter on here before and I finally thought the heat issue was resolved couple of weeks ago after I did factory reset, wipe cache partition and NO SWITCH APP to set up phone. 

So I was a bit surprised today to see the phone heat up to 48°. 

Any thoughts anyone?
17 REPLIES 17
Hguvbyd
First Poster
Options
e31cxf3re 53wxta
0 Likes
ForeCetic
Explorer
Options
yh I see a lot of people out here complaining about heat issues on S21 U whilst I'm out here playing Call Of Duty mobile on max setting for like 2 or 3 hours and my temp does not exceed 45 lol ...I've noticed that being in a warm room definitely does not help with the phones thermals..not once has my phone ever reached temp that high ...i also do teams meeting on my phone and temp is always fine throughout all my lectures...maybe zoom is just a bad app...I've got exynos btw
Gionike
Voyager
Options
yeah I was playing COD earlier today and it never reaches that high either. I have heard few people complain few weeks back about zoom doing the same thing. maybe it's the app. my phone hasn't exceeded 45 in ages except when I tether and use the camera at the same time. I'm on exynos too.
ForeCetic
Explorer
Options
yeah zoom has to be the culprit here hopefully they optimise the app soon for the s21 phones
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
there are a couple of things that could be at fault. Was the phone been held ?? when making the call and does it have a phone cover. not letting it able to 'cool' off will mean it could feel hotter than average
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
no, the phone was on a joby gorillapod. the room temperature was cool. it does have a phone cover but that can't be the reason why a phone should get hot. I'm sure you'll agree that a £1200 phone needs a protective case. 😉
am I right?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
heat is normal during a video call as every component is on but it shouldn't be excessive
Gionike
Voyager
Options
ok it got worse today with a video call with the physiotherapist. but it wasn't via Zoom. its via the Royal London Hospital website. the call was only 15mins and the phone went upto 49° today!!!!

what is it about this phone that is different to other phones? this didn't happen with my old samsung galaxy Note 5. regardless of any 3rd party apps or website, this doesn't happen on my other phones, iPhone or Samsung. Samsung has released a couple of updates but I don't really think they have figured out what the ACTUAL problem is.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
hmm...just wondering...the browser used to make the call was Chrome. I know Chrome has issue with this phone. I wonder if I had used samsung internet, it would've made any difference
0 Likes