Ever since the new (second) April Security Update (CVD2) my youtube app is having issues.
When playing a youtube video, the video will start with the video frozen but the audio is still playing, after about 3-4 seconds the video unfreezes and plays as normal. However the issue immediately occurs again as soon as I try to fastforward or rewind the video. In which case the same problem happens, the video is frozen, but Audio is playing as it should.
What I have tried:
- Cleared youtube cache
- Cleared youtube app data
- Completely uninstalled YouTube and reinstalled
- Ensured the app is not 'sleeping, deep sleeping or restricted'
- This issue also occurs on my partners S21 Ultra running the exact same software and security update
I have also reported the issue to samsung via the members app, and still awaiting feedback.
According to reddit, several other users are also having this issue, so it seems to be a fault with Samsung.
Please Samsung, can you confirm that this issue exists, and whether a fix is being worked on?
* Edit 1 *
- Uninstall youtube update
1. Go into Settings > Apps > Youtube > Disable
2. Go into playstore > youtube > uninstall
3. Youtube should still be installed, but you will be on an older version, without the video freezing issue
* Edit 2 *
Update: Since the new Youtube 17.7.34 update, this has been fixed.