Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Video freezes but Audio keeps playing

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 04:13 AM)
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Ever since the new (second) April Security Update (CVD2) my youtube app is having issues.

Issue:

When playing a youtube video, the video will start with the video frozen but the audio is still playing, after about 3-4 seconds the video unfreezes and plays as normal. However the issue immediately occurs again as soon as I try to fastforward or rewind the video. In which case the same problem happens, the video is frozen, but Audio is playing as it should.

What I have tried:
- Cleared youtube cache
- Cleared youtube app data
- Completely uninstalled YouTube and reinstalled
- Ensured the app is not 'sleeping, deep sleeping or restricted'
- This issue also occurs on my partners S21 Ultra running the exact same software and security update

I have also reported the issue to samsung via the members app, and still awaiting feedback.
According to reddit, several other users are also having this issue, so it seems to be a fault with Samsung.

Please Samsung, can you confirm that this issue exists, and whether a fix is being worked on?

* Edit 1 *
Temporary solution:
- Uninstall youtube update

1. Go into Settings > Apps > Youtube > Disable
2. Go into playstore > youtube > uninstall
3. Youtube should still be installed, but you will be on an older version, without the video freezing issue

* Edit 2 *
Update: Since the new Youtube 17.7.34 update, this has been fixed.
16 REPLIES 16
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Thanks man! Mine didn't show the uninstall button, it was slightly different but still did the trick. Now we wait for youtube to fix it..
Jaibe87
Journeyman
Options

Love how Samsung reported it to YouTube but no other vendors (from what I've been able to search for) appear to have this issue?..... Another Samsung buggy Samsung product....

I have Samsung TV, soundbar, watch and Phone. The bugs are just killing my experience.

0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
Yes even if it says uninstall the entire app it won't delete the whole app as this is build pre-installed app. I'm happy that solution helped you 😊. Just keep up to date with YouTube see if they fix the issue and features doesn't matter you rather watch something on YouTube then having to face issues 😊
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
yerp just a waiting game now
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
But how odd is this there's still issues on the android 12 and there's leaks that the android 13 coming out on June or July 🤣🤣
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Same issue on my S22U, haven't uninstalled the update but sounds like a pain.
0 Likes
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Update: Since the new Youtube 17.7.34 update, this has been fixed.
0 Likes