Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Video freezes but Audio keeps playing

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 11:38 PM)
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
Ever since the new (second) April Security Update (CVD2) my youtube app is having issues.

Issue:

When playing a youtube video, the video will start with the video frozen but the audio is still playing, after about 3-4 seconds the video unfreezes and plays as normal. However the issue immediately occurs again as soon as I try to fastforward or rewind the video. In which case the same problem happens, the video is frozen, but Audio is playing as it should.

What I have tried:
- Cleared youtube cache
- Cleared youtube app data
- Completely uninstalled YouTube and reinstalled
- Ensured the app is not 'sleeping, deep sleeping or restricted'
- This issue also occurs on my partners S21 Ultra running the exact same software and security update

I have also reported the issue to samsung via the members app, and still awaiting feedback.
According to reddit, several other users are also having this issue, so it seems to be a fault with Samsung.

Please Samsung, can you confirm that this issue exists, and whether a fix is being worked on?

* Edit 1 *
Temporary solution:
- Uninstall youtube update

1. Go into Settings > Apps > Youtube > Disable
2. Go into playstore > youtube > uninstall
3. Youtube should still be installed, but you will be on an older version, without the video freezing issue

* Edit 2 *
Update: Since the new Youtube 17.7.34 update, this has been fixed.
16 REPLIES 16
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
it's the YouTube app I've had the same issue to make sure your running the 17.01.35 version
0 Likes
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
I'm running the latest update wich is 17.15.33
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
uninstall the update
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
that's what i had to do as well
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
After I did that then samsung replied with this.. (This issue occurs after updating the latest YouTube app version(17.14+) and we have reported this to Google for review. 

In the meantime, as a workaround, Please press and hold the YouTube app icon > (i)  > Three dots (Top right) > Uninstall Updates. 

If you need anything else, be sure to reach back out by tapping on the "Ask Again" button. We'll be happy to help you further! ^SM )
0 Likes
Shovzki
Pathfinder
Options
So I figured it out myself then I had a reply back so I would recommend stay with the 17.01.35 version cause I had the same issue then my phone bloody restarted from out of no where
0 Likes
Laibore
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I found this topic while searching for same issue. I confirm that I have the same issue as OP described word by word. As a plus It seems video always starts few seconds infront of sound as frozen. After sound sync up with video they run together. 

Device : SM-G991B/DS ( S21 5G Exynos )

Android 12 / OneUI 4.1 / Youtube 17.15.33

0 Likes
TomaLLoS
First Poster
Options

Hallo ! I have exactly same issue! 

After software update for Samsung s21 ultra I noticed that YouTube videos and shorts getting freezing but sound goes normal and after 2-5 seconds when it synchronise it goes normal.... 

My wife have exactly same phone and I watched YouTube on her phone and exactly same issue after a phone software update.

Pretty annoying.... please fix this samsung 

0 Likes
Bizzyman
Explorer
Options
I don't see an option to uninstall the update, only to uninstall the entire app 😐
* edit *

Mamaged to uninstall the update, youtube is lacking some features now as im on an old version but the issue is gone! Thank you.