Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube using Mobile data!?

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 06:18 PM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
After the most recent update, Youtube is using only mobile data despite my being connected to my home WIFI!? 

Any idea on why this is happening?

I have my settings set up so that my phone connects to mobile data whenever i leave my home WIFI zone, have done since i got it, and never had this problem before now, that i can recall!

I only use YouTube when at home(bar the very rare odd occasion), so I've no idea why its doing this!?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @illEez can you check Developer options, check that Mobile Data always Active is toggled off. it could be due to unstable connection, however is the issue only with YouTube. If Developer options not set up Go to Settings-About Phone and tap Build Number 7 times. More detail in this article https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-... You could set up a Bixby Routine for YouTube.

Screenshot_20220821-180025_Bixby Routines.jpg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

illEez
Voyager
Options
Cheers, just turned it off via Developer Options 🤞 I'll see how it goes...
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@illEez  oh right, hopefully the issue will be solved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.