Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Your current software version isn't supported.

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 10:33 AM)
Em_ska
Apprentice
Options

I didn't notice this problem until later. I have an S22 Ultra and I updated the software for it when I got it. I just didn't update the last month one because I don't have wifi at home and I live in the middle of nowhere. Well I didn't update last month and I noticed alot of my apps kept getting a notification that the app stopped working when it clearly was working. I looked up that problem and after some research I noticed on my phone it said the most recent update was Nov 2021 and I thought that was weird. When I went to update it, It said the version isn't supported. And I've tried updating it in safe mode but it's the same thing. I don't have a personal laptop as I can't afford one nor did I really need one so I can't connect my phone to it. And I live hours away from the nearest service center. My phone has gotten bad because it'll just restart while I'm using it now and almost every app will say it's not working and ask if I want to close it. My phone is much slower and I don't know what to do now. Did this really happen from not installing the latest update. Please if you know of anything that'll help let me know. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Clear cache partition seems to work for some, I'm sure I seen that posted by others on here

Worth the try as I have not seen any apps stop because they are not on the latest firmware, unless you talking 3 years of not updating or os no longer supported
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Em_ska You could try clearing the cache partition as @-Robot-  suggested.  However on the S series you need to connect to a computer or attach USB-C Headphones.  can you borrow if you do not have any of these personally?

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

keith30
Maestro
Options
Is your device S21 or S22ultra which you seem to refer to. The S22 didn't get released till the early part of this year 2022 but you claim it shows last update was Nov 21 I find that strange it's never been updated since then. Was it new when you brought it or a order model like a secondhand or refurbished one.
Em_ska
Apprentice
Options

@-Robot- @keith30 I convinced my brother to help me and used his laptop but it still didn't work sadly. 😞 @keith30 Apologies I get mixed up between the s21 and s22. I have the S21 Ultra. I got it refurbished last month at beginning of October. I had it updated to the August 2022 update and the Ocotber one hadn't come out. After it came out though I wasn't able to update it because when I'm home I have no wifi and hardly signal. I only had wifi at work. But the times it asked me to update I needed it and kept delaying it. It stopped asking me after awhile and I forgot about it. Just last week my phone started saying "This app isn't working do you want to close or wait?". I always waited and the apps worked fine. I didn't mind at first but now it was more often. And on top of that my phone would freeze for a bit and turn on and off while I'm using it. I checked the latest update because I usually always update my phone and this is first time it's ever happened. And now were here. My brother thinks it could be a virus because before we got crunchyroll I was watching anime on websites. The websites were always redirecting pages and full of pop up ads. And I don't have a VPN or Network protection. I could never choose and always forgot about it. I don't know where to go for a service center. Would that be a samsung store? It's my last resort.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would try doing a factory reset on your phone. Once it has reset, try updating the phone software first before installing any apps. Only install apps once you are happy your on latest phone software. Hope this helps. Apps freezing and crashing happened to a lot of users after one of the updates, a reset usually fixes that
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I think contact customer service
Solution
Em_ska
Apprentice
Options

Hello Everyone thank you all for your advice. In the end I bought myself a computer and I had to download ODIN and download the firmware. I got mine from galaxy firmware. I think the issue happened because it downloaded the wrong update? I have an unlocked phone and when I was trying to find the right firmware I saw that my phone may have 2 different types. One was made for what company you bought your phone from and one was for a completely unlocked phone. Mine had both and so I figured out mine was actually using a carrier specific one so I downloaded it and installed using ODIN. I also had to factory data reset because there's a possibility it could lock your account or something. It worked thank god and now my phone is updated. This all took about 3-4 hours because I'm using slow work Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes
Kelvin-t456
First Poster
Options

What about Samsung galaxy note 9 I can't update my samsung galaxy note 9 saying software version isn't supported.

0 Likes