Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep that overheating issue

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 03:18 PM)
reg6
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of the Ultra 21 on 30th of Jan.. Phone was super hot on a daily basis which after reading posts I attributed to the device learning usage habits. However even after that completed all I have to do is use any app for a few minutes and it starts to heat up (never experienced anything like it with previous phones)..

Going to call customer support and get a refund because this isn't tolerable.

It's  really a shame because I'm impressed by the phone

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Yes, from what's been said on here previously and from personal experience, I would avoid using Smartswitch. It's only Apps that cause an issue though, you can restore documents and photos etc from a backup, just uncheck the apps box before you restore. I've got all my photos backed up to onedrive via Samsung gallery from my last phone so they all restored automatically when I switched on Onedrive sync on my new phone, contacts, texts etc I restored from the backup from my old phone. It was only apps that I downloaded fresh from the stores to ensure they were compatible with Android 11.
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
Ok thanks for the advice I'll do the same as I want to avoid the heating issue if possible. thank you
0 Likes
reg6
Apprentice
Options

*****Update*****

I was somehow prompted to install the Galaxy store (I think I opened the app) even though the store was already installed (I opened it up previously).

After it "installed" I updated all of the (Samsung) apps inside it and although the phone heated up in that period I have had a drastic improvement since. Insteaf of heating up on the back and the side of the phone it now 'warms' up in a v small concentrated area just below the corner of the camera on the back. My test so far is watching some videos.

I'll continue to monitor the performance and will update at a later date