Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep that overheating issue

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 04:10 PM)
reg6
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of the Ultra 21 on 30th of Jan.. Phone was super hot on a daily basis which after reading posts I attributed to the device learning usage habits. However even after that completed all I have to do is use any app for a few minutes and it starts to heat up (never experienced anything like it with previous phones)..

Going to call customer support and get a refund because this isn't tolerable.

It's  really a shame because I'm impressed by the phone

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Did you use smartswitch or restore apps from a backup? Seems a lot of heating issues are caused by incompatible apps running in the background. I set mine up from scratch without any restoring when I first got it and haven't experienced any issues at all. Others have factory reset their devices that were heating up and installed from fresh from the stores and it's solved their issues. Not saying it will definitely do the same for you but might be worth a shot?
reg6
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. I initially said yes to smartswitch but didn't actually use it to transfer apps (I backed out).

I've seen a few people on the forum try a factory reset with no success and it will be a pain to install all my apps and set them to each screen etc so it will be a last resort try..

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

You may have seen my post a couple of days ago on this forum...  I had similar battery life concerns, and after spending the time to reset my phone back to default and install separately, it has made a massive change to give me a much better battery life.  

I understand the dilemma... but for me it has been well worth the effort.  the phone is learning again but the past couple of days I have had so much better battery it has been quite unbelieveable.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Well if you didn't use it in the first place then it's unlikely to be your issue and maybe you've got one of the bad ones that seem to be going around. Sorry to hear that, hopefully Samsung are able to sort you out because it's a cracking phone!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, I saw your post and the difference was like night and day.
0 Likes
reg6
Apprentice
Options

Smiley did you also experience the phone heating up?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
And don't forget the updates, which seemed to be a difference for quiet a few here as well, with regards to heating and camera.
0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
I wouldn't give up on it yet, unless you've got hardware problems them try a full reset. My phone never runs hot and is pretty cool day to day.
0 Likes
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
so would you not advise smartswitch? Just wondering how to transfer all my photos and stuff over when I do get the device?
0 Likes