Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPC (Qi) certified and Samsung certified charger list

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 12:01 PM)
BillyWillySilly
Journeyman
Options
With Samsung nuking the ability for non Samsung devices to wireless fast charge, I understand that a charger needs to be both WPC (Qi) certified and Samsung certified. A post on here says "or" but I suspect they mean both. A high bar indeed especially as, to my knoweldge there are no 3rd party wireless chargers that are Samsung certified.

I'm not happy about this but can see requests to remove this firmware change are met with fud or ignorance. But is there a list of certified chargers available somewhere? 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
No that's the play store patch, my phone software is April (actually now downloading May that has landed!)
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Good stuff, I've had it a while now, use it daily.
0 Likes
BillyWillySilly
Journeyman
Options
Well well well. I have 4 far chargers in my house and none of them work but this one does! Problem is the bloody light stays green so it won't work in my bedroom. But it does fast charge. So we have one on the list!
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Result! Suppose you don't need fast charge for overnight though.... presuming that's what you need the bedroom one for.

On a side note, bad practice with the battery geeks to leave it on overnight anyway! I rarely top up past 80% unless I have to. I keep it in the 30-80% range at all times
0 Likes
BillyWillySilly
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
BillyWillySilly
Journeyman
Options
I have a bixby routine to slow Charge Over night anyway but there are times when I need fast juice... Eg fell asleep with phone on my chin
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Hahahahahah
0 Likes