Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Experience Of My Entire Life Dealing With A Company Over Defective Product! S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 21-04-2021 01:26 PM)
Sean D
Apprentice
Options

I bought the S21 Ultra like a month and a half ago.... it was defective out the gate screen bounced google maps wouldn't stay up and it over heated within the first 10 minutes of me turning it on! Short story ATT wouldn't take it back because the phone was defective (which is complete bs! If you sell defective product you should take it back that the craziest thing I've ever heard, (SideBar) don't go to att they have terrible customer service and they will as they did me stick you with the defective product you purchased from them)

(Long Story) 

Samsung sent me thru the wringer I had sent them the phone the "first" time for repair. They replaced some parts sent it back that process took about to weeks. My phone arrives... ok im getting hype now bcus my new phone, yayyyy right!? Wrong it still had the Google maps issue which was locking the screen interface and making it jump so I couldn't push any thing 9n the screen, but the swipe home screen button worked at the bottom. I called back like theres the same issue with the phone. I had to send it back again they've had my phone for the past 20 days, gave me the run around for 20 days and now thankfully I'm getting a refund bcus they didn't have any S21 Ultras in stock to exchange it. But now its gonna take another 20 days for them to send me the check for the phone so I paid for a phone that I've used for maybe two full weeks out of the month and a half that I've owned it. Hell samsung has used my phone more than me! A whopping 54 days almost two months its gonna take just to be able to buy a new phone then wait for it to be shipped! I so happy with Samsung right now I could go to iPhone! Ugh I hate them so much right now for this entire situation and what was suppose to be a great experience had truly been hell in my ear in the experience of about 40 phone calls over this time Samsung owes me a check dammit I spent hours on the phone with them to get this figured out my job pays me hourly and this was a job I need my check asap!

9 REPLIES 9
smiggsy
First Poster
Options
I really need to have to got a box of10 strong bowvbģý
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Out of curiosity, did you set up phone as new on both occasions or used smart switch 🤔
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry to hear your experience @Sean D.   To be honest I really struggled to read your post...may i suggest next time using some punctuation, and writing your post so that it is more legible to your readers !!   

If I interpret your message correctly, i hope you get your refund and enjoy your future life with Apple. 

Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Sean D
Apprentice
Options

He he he 😂  I can't do that smiley! I hate apple products. My wife's S21U works fine I'd have been happy with them exchanging it, but they said there were no exchanges on hand meanwhile their selling them online off website right now! 

And I was rage typing a bit there lol 😆 they deserve all those run on sentences! 

I literally spent like a total of 15+ hrs of phone time with Samsung over the past month and its still only partially resolved.

0 Likes
Sean D
Apprentice
Options

New because my previous phone was damaged and I was unable to transfer content. But my wife transferred her stuff over her phone worked fine from the get go. It was just my luck and continues to be that I got a shitty one and had to go thru all the trouble with Samsung.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you, its just that there seemed a lot of issues with people who did the smartswitch vs those who set it as brand new.
It was mostly the s21 ultras which had the issues.
Hopefully you will find the phone for you.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I used smartswitch to setup my S21 ultra and I have not had any issues with it.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Marpay
First Poster
Options

I thought I was the only one this is happening to! Ultra 21 256 from day 1 was buggy along with any GPS I used on the cell sent me in the wrong direction, camera messed up, cell texting people, cell putting my callers on hold by itself,  cell muting my calls, along with a host of other problems on this brand new s21 ultra 256!  Att sent another cell out, but it was a 128gb only used as a stall tactic, employees & supervisors NOT CALLING BACK ONLY USED AS A STALL TACTIC, EMPLOYEE STATED CELL WILL BE DELIVERED THE NEXT DAY & THAT WAS ALMOST A WEEK AGO WITH STILL NO CELL...ALL AS A STALL TACTIC & I STILL HAVE THE DEFECTED DEVICE! Oh, somehow in all this mess & me wasting hours at the store & on the cell, somehow someone cut my line off, so I couldn't even use my cell for calls or anything else! Terrible service & customer service😡😡😡!

0 Likes
TT19611
First Poster
Options

What does smart switch have to do with that?  I used Smart switch to switch everything from old phone to my new one.  It was way better than anything I have ever used.  Did I do something wrong by using it?

0 Likes