Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work profile Gmail not working

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 12:37 PM)
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Since the latest update to Android 13, I no longer receive notifications for my work profile (Google mail and Google calendar). All of the settings still have notifications on. In fact, they are not refreshing - I'm having to go on to the Gmail app and refresh it for emails to come through. It's still working fine on my personal Gmail account.

This is a Samsung S21.

25 REPLIES 25
johnbegone
First Poster
Options

All my notifications started randomly working again this weekend. I didn't see an update or anything, didn't have to restart. But as if right now it all works for me again. 

0 Likes
James938ue6ej
First Poster
Options

What I just did. Go into notifications for Gmail under your work profile. I turned them all off. Restarted phone and turned them all back on. I got instant notifications from work profile. Hopefully it continues. 

0 Likes
johnbegone
First Poster
Options

To keep this saga alive .... about two days after I posted this there was a Samsung security update.  I knew it had a chance to brick my work gmail notifications again and.... that's exactly what it did.  And then about 3 weeks later they randomly started working again.  It's only been a few days of them working again, but I'm hopeful that maybe Samsung has fixed this issue for good.

0 Likes
sl0ppyj0e
First Poster
Options

think it is not Samsung.  I have both the Pixel 6 pro and S22 ultra having the same issue.   I had to go to settings -> apps -> work -> gmail -> clear cache and clear data

Then the gmail sync and notification for the work profile will work.  Somehow applying the latest android 13 updates for both my pixel and samsung mobile devices broke the work profile gmail sync/notification.

Maybe something in the latest update code base

Webdiver
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts. Because I need to check my emails everyday, this is very crucial to me. And Samsung keeps updating the phone. I hate this so much. Maybe it's time to change to Iphone.

0 Likes
NguyenKien
First Poster
Options

I think it's not because of the phone model, but there is a problem between the android verion 12, 13 operating system not compatible with google workspace; Currently, I also have a few cases where I can't receive emails, can't sync emails; Although I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, it is not satisfactory.
Please guide me how to solve this problem

0 Likes