Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work profile Gmail not working

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 12:37 PM)
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Since the latest update to Android 13, I no longer receive notifications for my work profile (Google mail and Google calendar). All of the settings still have notifications on. In fact, they are not refreshing - I'm having to go on to the Gmail app and refresh it for emails to come through. It's still working fine on my personal Gmail account.

This is a Samsung S21.

25 REPLIES 25
AtField
Journeyman
Options

December security update fixed the problem for me tbh. but this needs to be addressed by samsung seriously, every major update brings too many problems with it

0 Likes
johnbegone
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue on my S22 since Android 13.  I get chat notifications being sent by the work profile's gmail app but no email messages.  Tried deleting and re-adding my work profile today to no avail.  Come on Samsung, let's fix this!

0 Likes
AtField
Journeyman
Options

Yeah issue came back randomly for me. It was fixed for a moment by December sexurity update, now its not working anymore

0 Likes
vinciakk
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same issue, no notifications for Gmail in work profile. There was no problem before Android 13. Gmail is not listed in Deep sleeping apps.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@vinciakk: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Notifications > Notification categories, and make sure that each of the categories is enabled? It is also worth exploring the in-app notification settings to ensure that everything is set up correctly to receive notifications for your work profile. 

0 Likes
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Done all that everything is as it should be. Randomly as well I sometimes stop getting FB messenger notifications too, I have to keep clearing cache and data and re logging in. Shouldn't be like this after an update it was all fine before!
0 Likes
bpdfs
First Poster
Options

Andrew.. with this many people having the issue that is not the problem.. this is a wide issue after the latest update... 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bpdfs: I understand. It is always worth checking the app settings following an update to address any changes that may have occurred as a result of the update. If you haven't done so already, check the Play Store for any updates for the Gmail app that might address the issue, or reach out to Google support to enquire about any known issues affecting Gmail following the Android 13 update. As Gmail is a Google app, and Android is developed by Google, they may be best placed to get to the root of the issue for you. 

0 Likes
bpdfs
First Poster
Options

We all know this stuff.. it's been done.. it's an issue with the update.. it's in my entire company of work. It's a Samsung deal.. one guy put his phone back to before the update and it started working fine . Updated again and same thing happened 

0 Likes
BeachMom
Student
Options

I'm having a similar issue.  However, I am getting updates and able to see my other gmail accounts.  I can see the account when I go to Manage accounts.  But it's not showing in my list of accounts to check my emails. I haven't changed any of the permissions, so not sure why this 1 account won't show in my list of accounts to switch my view.

I have removed the account, cleared phone cache, added account back into Gmail, and it STILL does not show in my list of email accounts to switch to.

It's one of my work emails, so it's really becoming a problem.

0 Likes