Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work profile Gmail not working

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 12:37 PM)
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Since the latest update to Android 13, I no longer receive notifications for my work profile (Google mail and Google calendar). All of the settings still have notifications on. In fact, they are not refreshing - I'm having to go on to the Gmail app and refresh it for emails to come through. It's still working fine on my personal Gmail account.

This is a Samsung S21.

25 REPLIES 25
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check with work to make sure push mail is active
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Darrenj88: Please can you try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits, and check the Sleeping and Deep Sleeping apps categories to see if Gmail is listed? Apps that have been added to either of these areas will have their background activity limited, as well as their notifications, and this might explain why your emails aren't refreshing until you open the app. 

0 Likes
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Thank you - I've checked and my work profile Gmail is on the 'Never sleeping apps' tab
0 Likes
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
It's only since the android 13 update - was working fine up til then
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
Theyre still active as still receiving on my work phone
0 Likes
AtField
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

same thing is happening here. Chat notification from gmail work app are working. I have to manually update to get new emails instead. any help for this one? was wprking fine before android 13 update. S21 ultra owner here

bpdfs
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me only after android 13.... S21 plus here .. 

0 Likes
Yi4444
First Poster
Options

Same issue, Galaxy fold 4. Work profile Gmail app in not syncing any emails. Have to open to refresh. Personal Gmail is working fine. 

0 Likes
Darrenj88
Journeyman
Options
I got it working again fine but then the security update on December 1st has stopped it working again! And now it's not just my work profile Gmail thats stopped, but my fitbit versa is also intermittent.. stopped receiving notifications of messages calls etc on my watch, have to go on the app and sync it and then they'll come through again!

I'm due an upgrade soon but very vary now to get another Samsung if keep getting these issues
0 Likes