Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless charging

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 05:59 AM)
George23
Explorer
Options
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Samsung is slowly becoming apple. After they copied the removal of the charging brick from the box , they have now restricted acces to third partie accessories. For example, a battery bank that I own, and used to work perfectly up untill the new update , is now rejected as a fast wireless charging device by Samsung . A message that the phone is not compatible with it appears now . People choose android phone because they have an open ecosystem, but Samsung is slowly closing it. Shame on you Samsung !
5 REPLIES 5
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
right there with you pal. they've just bricked 2 s10 phones for me that last about 8 hours now before needing charged.
charging and wireless charging are almost useless now. USB devices are not recognised (a known fault apparently for months, yet not fixed)
I'm done with them. contract runs out in 3 months and I'll be anyone but samsung unless they completely reverse their behaviour
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not experienced Samsung stopping 3rd party wireless chargers from working with their phone's @George23 

Mine still works on friend's chargers when I visit them.

I personally use Samsung Wireless Chargers around my home.

The only time I've experienced the type of pop up message you mention is back when I used iPhone's and tried using a non Apple charging brick and cord.

Perhaps reach out to Samsung via the Get Help section in the Samsung Members app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
George23
Explorer
Options
Well. Actually I did reach out to Samsung. They actually told me there is nothing they can do. They did confirm they have a list of brands they accept . I've got it in written. Also they were the ones that suggested me to post it on here, to see what people have to say about it. They obviously know that nobody is troubled by this , like yourself, and I'll be the one embarrassed. I have spent quite a bit of money on that battery bank, a really good one that provides fast wireless charging on any other brand, even apple 😅, but Samsung doesn't allow it now since the last update. And no, it's not the phone because it works on other wireless chargers, like Anker .
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There would be no need to be “ embarrassed ” by any of this @George23 in my opinion.

To You it's fact that your own accessories worked before the update and stopped after the update.

I'm not sure why an update would stop the accessories working or why if it did what Samsung would have to gain from doing this as it would upset their customers who have paid for said accessories that worked , apart from the obvious i.e more people would buy Samsung accessories ! 

You've posted on an open forum to get your experiences and point of view out there, and as such I've replied with my opinion and my ownexperiences.

What was the software update that has caused this ?

I would expect this forum and others to have more posts similar to yours so it would be useful to know the exact software update information.

You could look at reversing the update but this can't be performed via the native settings in the phone.

You'd have to look at the information on sammobile.com and xdadevelopers.com.

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
wra01
Pioneer
Options
May I ask what Brand/Model wireless charger you have? You said it is third party. Having worked for one of the Samsung Experience Stores. We kept stock of Belkin, which is a third party and which still works on my devices.
0 Likes