Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless charging

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 08:30 PM)
Suzib
Explorer
Options
Can someone help, I can charge my phone with lead, but when I try and wireless charge it automatically pauses, help its driving mad, trying to figure out why, the wireless charger works for older device but not galaxy s21 
32 REPLIES 32
Suzib
Explorer
Options
thank you so much for your help
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
this is true but only if your keeping the phone more than 2 years, I slow charge wirelessly every night for the past 6 years and every phone has been OK, granted if you want it to last 3 or 4 years then definitely the above advise should be followed, the biggest killer is letting the battery go flat
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
no problem 👍
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
honestly in my experience with newer phones from the A series to S10/20/Notes heavy usage and moderate battery maintenance has lost my models but also friends and family members devices around 5-15% battery capacity on the first 6 to 15 months.

significantly more than the past, personally i just want my 3x S21U £1350 each models to last at least until the next gen lol

but more importantly if The AMD collaboration doesn't happen on the next series I'd like to see it through 2 years at least.

personal taste but I mentioned the above primarily because it was mentioned using it as a clock stand assuming day or night use its better to slow charge over night.

sorry if I wound off or rude Ash lots of respect for your answers in the threads I've read lately. 📚
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
taking longer to charge is a benefit to THIS post.

and if you use the correct hardware unless it's faulty I can assure you that doesn't happen with the S21 series.

speaking from experience 😀 I have 3 S21U 512/16 models and not a single problem with overheating via wireless charging.

overheating everywhere else? sure lol.
software problems galore ATM.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
not rude at all I value everyone's views and opinions and experiences, yea in an ideal world its best to keep your phone between 20% and 80% and slow charge but as we all know that's not always convenient. I must admit when I am finished with my phone the internals are always hammered and that's because I use the phone as I wish, the only 2 things I swear by is not to charge it fast or to let the battery drop below 15 %
0 Likes
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
ok 👌 👍 🙂
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah same here, but I must admit I'm becoming increasingly more cautious as the prices fly up and the battery industry can't keep up.

I pay the premium price up front and let the kids have reasonably good phones until I upgrade and they can take turns getting the "Flagship," would be nice if a battery reasonably well maintained didn't lose so starting at 6 months onwards

personal opinion here but I wish Every manufacturer would pool together and boost up the R&D on batteries in collaboration and let that side catch up yes I know new types are actually coming but it's 5 years too late and that's being generous.

hey its your device, you paid for it, only fair to use it as you wish:)
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I totally agree with you there these are expensive devices so we should respect them, however for me personally I change every 12 months and I never pay anywhere near the price, for example I got this s20 in November and paid £550 for it when it should have been £900 I thought about removing the bedside stand turning AOD of and protecting the battery but then I have just found I want to use it like I said, respect to those that make their phones last though 👍
0 Likes
Suzib
Explorer
Options
thanks everyone 🤩
0 Likes