Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless charging

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 08:09 PM)
Suzib
Explorer
Options
Can someone help, I can charge my phone with lead, but when I try and wireless charge it automatically pauses, help its driving mad, trying to figure out why, the wireless charger works for older device but not galaxy s21 
32 REPLIES 32
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
fair point and it charges faster by cable too, I'm just lazy and also my wireless pad is a stand which turns phone into an alarm clock with the AOD I agree wireless charging is p i s s poor technology but still its convient, I always turn slow charging on at night though to protect the battery
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I haven't read the comments so you may have already said you've checked this - go to Settings > Device Care an Battery > Battery > more Battery Settings > toggle on Fast Wireless Charging. it can come turned off as default, though more often than not it is turned on. even if it is toggled on, it will be worth toggling off and on after 10 seconds or so. if it still doesn't work, the phone may have a faulty coil.

Screenshot_20210303-194628_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
what falloutkid says is true but it is a perfectly safe way of charging and your phone is safe but to prolong the phones life its best to switch fast wireless charging off in the settings, I use wireless charging every night for 6 years and it's been fine, you will probably fine you need a new wireless charger as it won't be powerful enough, or if falloutkid has put you off get the cable out 😀
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
make sure to check your settings for activating wireless charging in the first place! but also remember a lot of older wireless or 3rd party pads/stands may not work with our new models.

lwireless charging is by no means poor, its a luxury and like most things that category it isn't perfect.

however, with your S21/+/U I would invest in a 15 to 25w Official not 3rd party, or at the very least a pad or stand from a known and trusted brand and use it with a original Samsung power brick at the same wattage alongside your phones original USB C to C cable.

I have that setup and not only does it deliver 40% of the voltage it is able to it also cause zero damage to my device , it helps maintain the battery by not using the fast charging options unless needed (cable or wireless).

fast charging , super fast and charging over night as well past 80% multiple times a day is your 🔋s worst nightmare
0 Likes
Suzib
Explorer
Options
no I like the wireless chargers, the convenience and the look, have you a recommendation to which will support s21, thank you in advance
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
that's a fantastically helpful answer to a post specially asking for help with a feature available on her expensive handset lol :smiling-face:

why shouldn't you use a function available to you if you like it and there's no harm?
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
type in on Google samsung wireless charger with TA that's the latest one and it comes with the charging brick, that one should work fine for years to come just make sure that one is from Samsung website and it says with ta
0 Likes
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
wireless charging is not really helpful as it takes a long time to charge your phone and makes your phone heat up
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
if you want a cheaper one any one from Samsung belkin or anker on amazon will be OK but you just need to make sure it comes with the charging brick that goes into the wall, I use a samsung wireless charger duo but it's was about 80 pound and its fairly old now
0 Likes
Suzib
Explorer
Options
thank you that all makes sense I've tried all the settings will invest in new thank you
0 Likes