Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi/mobile data always on

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 09:35 AM)
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Okay so got the s21 ultra and since the last sw update I've noticed while being on WiFi 3G/H/4G is displaying alonside the WiFi icon when connected to WiFi (fttp 400mbps) 

I'm reasonably techy so have tried restarting both WiFi and phone. 

Developer option for mobile data always on is switched off, and it's also switched off in the advanced WiFi settings.

I've always know the data icon to disappear when connected to WiFi... 

I'm not in a 5G area. I'm using Esim if that could matter. 

Screenshot_20210722-212347_Chrome.jpg

I've found a similar older thread from America too 🤣 https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-s21-plus-s21-ultra/1020302-wifi-5g-both-simulta...

So I guess, is anyone else facing this? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My Mobile data is always on when WiFi is connected. I checked my S10, S8 and S21 Ultra and all devices are the same ie mobile data is on when WiFi is on. It wouldn't make sense to turn off mobile data as you wouldn't receive calls or texts and some apps require mobile data to function.

There's nothing wrong with your phone.
If you really need to turn off mobile data go into airplane mode and enable WiFi.
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm okay, I shan't worry then but this was never the case on any of my previous owned galaxies which is why I said something here but thanks for responding :smiling-face:
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under connection settings>data usage > mobile data only apps switch it off if it's on and see.
0 Likes
A7madmotaw3
First Poster
Options

I've the same issue and its driving me crazy, I tried all the settings options..searched the internet with no luck, people saying its normal..no its not, I've used s2, note 2, note 5, note 8, note 9 and it have never been like this till I used s21 ultra..any luck resolving this issue.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
I reckon something has been changed in the firmware tbh. What network you on @A7mad just out of curiosity
0 Likes
A7madmotaw3
First Poster
Options

Orange Egypt

0 Likes
Jacelyn13
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue except mine is intermittent and if both wifi and data are showing at the same time, a device restart fixes it. 

I figured out that they both show up only shortly after arriving at my home. I had the setting to enable the wifi to turn on automatically when in range of my home wifi. I disabled that setting and have not had the issue since. 

Screenshot_20210824-085804_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210824-085912_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20210824-091313_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Lordva
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210825-113144_Settings.jpg

 under the wifi setings you will find it

0 Likes
Brutus42BC
First Poster