Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues after UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 09:29 PM)
lichtie
Journeyman
Options
ever since I've updated to UI 5.1 the WiFi connection hasn't been working properly when using apps. the connection is still solid and the speed is as per usual (when I can get the speed test app to work) but when loading an app I get a loading screen or something similar. an example is on twitter, my timeline takes a long time to refresh and and video/photos don't load up at all. on mobile data 4g/5g everything is working perfectly. has anyone else been experiencing similar issues? 
45 REPLIES 45
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I have! It's not the wifi connection specifically; it's the fact that the Switch Button REFUSES to turn on, or if it does, it turns itself off shortly afterward. I rebooted it while holding the power and volume up button, and repaired apps. It worked temporarily However, after 15 minutes, it refused to turn on. I've done everything include factory reset, and customer service keeps trying to upsell me or refer me to services in another town without guaranteeing that they'll be paid for. I was told by one person that they'd send a notification to their developers, but I haven't heard anything back. However, I can use data just fine, when I have it.

Also, I turned off the feature that turns wifi on and off automatically and otherwise have any setting that would perform that function turned off. Since I have no data, I can only use the phone for calls and texts. It SUCKS being chained to my PC to use the internet. I can't even use my phone for youtube in the kitchen off of the home wifi. 😧

SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Tried that

0 Likes
silbun
Student
Options

Anyone have any luck fixing this on either router settings or within phone settings?

0 Likes
Kristiandk
First Poster
Options

I found that my Asus router had gotten a firmware update in the same time span. Took the 2. Last version and all my problems went away 😅

0 Likes
ruxleyguy
Student
Options
I have the same problem with my Galaxy z fold 3. Wifi button just wont turn on
ruxleyguy
Student
Options
@SasamiPie - Did you get a solution?
0 Likes
Rzempal
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my fold 4 after last one ui 5 1 update 

SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Noooope. My wifi is permanently broken. I factory reset it to BEFORE the UI 5.1 update, and it still wouldn't turn on. I'm at a loss, and I'm not upgrading a month after this warranty ran out over an update, especially for a phone that might have the same issue.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I can't TURN ON my wifi switch button for it to even attempt to connect, no matter where I am.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

If only there was a Samsung employee that could help us~

0 Likes