Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 08:59 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi can any one help got my s21 ultra today tranfered all my stuff from s20u but soon as i put my sim in the new phone iv got no wifi calling and cant find it in any settings or though the phone dailer and the 3 dots way was working fine on the s20u also tried taking the sim out and restarting the phone

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Go to solution
58 REPLIES 58
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah cool... realised after I posted that I had my wires crossed and voice lte is not the same as wifi call 😃

I did previously have WiFi calling thru Vodafone and use it at work when the reception is poor. 

Mine has also disappeared from all menus.  

I do remember a message similar to 'your Vodafone network settings may need updating' ... or something along those lines... when I first put my Vodafone sim in the S21 ultra.  so I am thinking that could be the reason.  I might search tomorrow and manually check on Vodafone website if there is something missing. 

Else a conversation with their chat team about the wifi calling being missing. 

Thanks for highlighting it... I hadn't noticed to be honest. 

Cheers

Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
RohitD
Explorer
Options
Found it the hard way. Go to the phone app, click on 3 dots and you will find WiFi calling in there.
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

no not in there mate checked a couple of times

0 Likes
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
go to phone dialer, three dots, settings and its just there. hope it helps.

Screenshot_20210129-005450_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
not there mate I'm lost I have checked everything even put sim in s20u and it wasn't on that now so I'm now thinking could it be my router it was all working fine on the s20 till I took the sim out to put in the new one

SmartSelect_20210129-084523_Call settings_1675.jpg

0 Likes
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
Well that's really weird! sorry I couldn't help. hope you'll sort it out soon.
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

no worries mate im sure  my s20u did this when i first got it restarted the router and still a no im wondering if vodafone have not put it on there list to work with wifi calling as its not on there website help section yet

0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Wifi calling working fine on EE but not Vodafone UK. I've tried removing it from my account and re-adding it but doesn't work.

VodafoneUK:

vodaims.jpeg

EE:

eeims.jpeg

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

cheers im thinking its a vodafone problem now not my phone least i know been doing my head in yesterday and this morning

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Spoke to some numpty at Vodafone yesterday as mine also disappeared since moving sim to S21 Ultra.  Had some jumpped up little *Bleep* tell me it was my phones fault that I didnt have the Wifi Calling option.  I tried to explain that they normally send a OTA config to turn it on, he continued to talk to me like i didnt know what i was talking about.  Vodafone jumped up support guys suck!  May want to wait a few days and try, i called 4 times last year finally got through to someone who knew what he was talking about and he fixed it in 10 mins

0 Likes